Can't believe I stayed a virgin for so long!

greyghost04

Reaction score
Got my Droid within a month or so of launch. So now it's over a year old and out of warranty. It had gotten so slow and buggy and the battery was gone by 3pm everyday. I was ready to toss it as nothing was working to my satisfaction. The I tried a friends Droid X and another friends Samsung Fascinate. They are like rocket ships compared to mine. I knew I had to speed up our slow 500mhz chip. So I have to root. Up till now I used all the excuses why I shouldn't do it. I hated the way my phone worked so now I didn't care if I bricked it, yea I'd be pissed though. I was going to pay someone on Craigslist as I didn't think I could do it. So I thought I'd look for one more time at the posts on our forum. I went to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html and read through it. Seemed a little difficult, but I thought I'd just go step by step. Wow, less than 30 minutes I'm rooted. Not hard at all. Then read about putting in kernel and themes. Again followed step by step and boom, I'm all done. Everything is working fast again. It's 7pm and I still have 40% battery. Got all sorts of new gizmo's to figure out. I got my old phone back and it's so nice to have speed in the phone again (took it up to 800mhz).

If you think you can't do it , you can. You'll be very happy with the results. I can see I have a whole new hobby, going thru all the root stuff on this forum. Thanks to everyone who made it possible. :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Last edited:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the Darkside. :icon_ devil:
What Rom and Kernel are you using?

parker34

Reaction score
Wow I looked at this thread title and had to make sure it wasn't in the off topic discussion :laugh:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Darkside - we have been waiting for you :wink:

S-f-m-D

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Luna is sweet. Im on bronzd right now and can't seem to stop looking at my phone. I love the bronzd theme.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As of this moment i have not installed a theme for my rom. Chevy does some minor theme-ing. I have contacted tp76 about a theme he had for SS 4.8. I really liked it.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, I suggest that you make a backup, with SPRecovery,anytime you make any change to the OS. A solid backup can save you hours of work and frustration.

Mike