HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Rumors are all saying that unlimited will last till the end of the year, and then start tiered across the board. Nothing substantiated on that as of yet.

Not quite what I've been telling people all along, but there's always been this issue of creating confusion with two different plans, but the bigger issue is they want people to upgrade. And that's why it never made sense to increase prices (and it never will, at least as long as 3G plans are available) early on with so few getting the service. But by year-end it supposedly will be available to 2/3 of customers.

Really, if they throttle you at 3G speeds what is unlimited LTE really worth (aside from no overages and data in a pinch)? VZW isn't dumb, I GUARANTEE if you're thinking of dropping home broadband you will be unmercifully throttled. And smart money is they will crack down on illegal tethering (some confusion over whether hotspot is a temporary promotion or for the contract).

Thanks for the clarification. Yeah, I imagine this whole deal will be up in the air until they finally just drop all of the info to us. Definitely speculation until then.

Reaction score
i'm torn with the thunderbolt... do i get it tomorrow and deal with horrible battery life or do i get it in april when i get the extended battery i ordered from htc pedia?

i do have a credit to amazon.com that i can use to get a 1600 seidio battery but i dont know how those are. i have a seidio dual battery charger and haven't had any problems with it.

comments?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I believe I was polite with my request for you to follow the guidline that we are told so much about. Honestly I didn't know that you were a mod but it really doesn't matter. Are you not to follow the same rules that we are? Lead by example perhaps? Either way I was just trying to keep the discussion on topic and constructive. Take it how you want.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Actually it came off as extremely snippy to me. If the thread had continued about the Incredible 2 I would have moved the comments. Perhaps we should move the questions about LTE pricing structures out of this thread now? Are those off topic to you?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
i'm torn with the thunderbolt... do i get it tomorrow and deal with horrible battery life or do i get it in april when i get the extended battery i ordered from htc pedia?

i do have a credit to that i can use to get a 1600 seidio battery but i dont know how those are. i have a seidio dual battery charger and haven't had any problems with it.

comments?

I have heard several people indicate the Seidio's tend to start losing their charge faster than the official batteries.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Reaction score

i do have a credit to that i can use to get a 1600 seidio battery but i dont know how those are. i have a seidio dual battery charger and haven't had any problems with it.

comments?

I have heard several people indicate the Seidio's tend to start losing their charge faster than the official batteries.

really? hmm... i can always dip into my change container and count out money for a spare battery so i have 2 with me during the day or i can get a desktop charger thing. good or bad idea?

funkyb

Reaction score
Update on VZW Retail pricing info:

Just called corporate - They said it appears there will be a $50 MIR on the retail store phone sales, but were unable to confirm whether the $249.99 was before or after that MIR is applied, so according to that CSR, you're looking at either

(1) 299.99 retail + $50MIR = $249.99 + $35 activation fee + Tax
(2) 249.99 retail + $50MIR = $199.99 + $35 activation fee + Tax

Either way wirefly avoides both the activation fee (creditied back on 3rd month) and taxes (if you are not in VA).

Blackhawk55

Reaction score

comments?

No offense intended but are you privy to some specific facts about "horrible battery life" or is that from rumors? I believe JohnBoy, who has been using a TB for a couple weeks, has reported that it the battery use is typical of other high-end smartphones. He has not seen or reported any red flags so to speak. Everything else seems to be either rumors or reports from early pre-production testing that may have been addressed.

If you have been using smartphones then you are used to keeping it on a charger whenever you can: desk, car, etc.

zodder

Reaction score
I have so many chargers scattered around work and home it's insane haha. I even have a fully charged spare battery in my backpack for emergencies :)

Reaction score

comments?

No offense intended but are you privy to some specific facts about "horrible battery life" or is that from rumors? I believe JohnBoy, who has been using a TB for a couple weeks, has reported that it the battery use is typical of other high-end smartphones. He has not seen or reported any red flags so to speak. Everything else seems to be either rumors or reports from early pre-production testing that may have been addressed.

If you have been using smartphones then you are used to keeping it on a charger whenever you can: desk, car, etc.

i have the incredible now so i'm expecting the battery life to be along those lines... horrible. i was charging the incredible every chance i got before i got the extended battery for it and i didn't like needing to do it, i was always planning on charging the phone. if i have 2 batteries i don't worry that much. with the extended battery i don't worry at all. that's just my opinion though

PapaSmurf1027

Reaction score
My girl friend is getting the TB tomorrow.. I already don't like her having the newer better gadget.

Must come up with a plan..

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.