HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortsxit

Reaction score
I am happy its FINALLY coming, when will Verizon start doing away with the unlimited data? Cuz I hope to get the phone before its tiered.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Verizon said this summer, but we know how they are with schedules.

slinky

Reaction score
By the way, for those looking at picking up the Thunderbolt on opening day, please keep an eye on battery life. It could wear fast. When you do start your initial charges, try to see if it requires a bump charge. Those that are familiar with the Incredible will know the necessity of those. HTC was supposed to have fixed the charging issue, want to see if they carried through on this phone. Hopefully it will as the rest of it does look like a great unit. Initial reviews are definitely favorable.

True, but as an Incredible owner I can tell you that the battery life for mid-level users was unacceptable. Even with best battery conserving modes I could barely last through a business day. Nobody wants to get perilously close to shutdown. It drives me crazy how badly HTC underpowers their phones on a regular basis.

rlfitz

Reaction score
I still dont quite believe that the TB will come out tomorrow. Its gotta be some kind of a sick joke on verizons part. They got tired of us all calling about this phone and they are laughing know they will delay it again.. dec 17th ....

geoff5093

Reaction score
I still dont quite believe that the TB will come out tomorrow. Its gotta be some kind of a sick joke on verizons part. They got tired of us all calling about this phone and they are laughing know they will delay it again.. dec 17th ....
On there twitter account they verified the TB was coming out tomorrow.

Sherry

Reaction score
I have a 9 am appointment in Waynesville NC to see/buy the TB. They answered the phone "so are you calling about the new Thunderbolt being released on Thursday??" Said they were taking appointments - since I called late yesterday was surprised I got the first appointment. Seems others are just as leary about the release until they see it happen. I am hoping!!!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Rumors are all saying that unlimited will last till the end of the year, and then start tiered across the board. Nothing substantiated on that as of yet.

Not quite what I've been telling people all along, but there's always been this issue of creating confusion with two different plans, but the bigger issue is they want people to upgrade. And that's why it never made sense to increase prices (and it never will, at least as long as 3G plans are available) early on with so few getting the service. But by year-end it supposedly will be available to 2/3 of customers.

Really, if they throttle you at 3G speeds what is unlimited LTE really worth (aside from no overages and data in a pinch)? VZW isn't dumb, I GUARANTEE if you're thinking of dropping home broadband you will be unmercifully throttled. And smart money is they will crack down on illegal tethering (some confusion over whether hotspot is a temporary promotion or for the contract).

want a droid

Reaction score
Asking again: anyone know when we'll be able to order online? Midnight? 3am? 7am? All times EDT.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

electric6

Reaction score
i have been told by my local verizon rep that 1 year contract price is $369.99. There is an instant $100 dollar rebate on these phones also. So it will at first ring up at $349.99 or $469.99. They will then apply the rebate.

MadScientist

Reaction score
That's actually the one I'm looking for. I'm honestly not really interested in LTE.

Then why come to the TB threads? These posts aren't on topic nor productive and will only spawn issues in the thread. Please take this elsewhere in the forum.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Excuse me? I can make my post where I please, thank you. And after monitoring ALL of the Thunderbolt threads with the rest of the staff, I don't believe you have a place to tell me where and what I can post.

I believe I was polite with my request for you to follow the guidline that we are told so much about. Honestly I didn't know that you were a mod but it really doesn't matter. Are you not to follow the same rules that we are? Lead by example perhaps? Either way I was just trying to keep the discussion on topic and constructive. Take it how you want.

stuigi

Reaction score
Then why come to the TB threads? These posts aren't on topic nor productive and will only spawn issues in the thread. Please take this elsewhere in the forum.

Excuse me? I can make my post where I please, thank you. And after monitoring ALL of the Thunderbolt threads with the rest of the staff, I don't believe you have a place to tell me where and what I can post.

hahaah you tell him!!
I have had enough of this. Get out of this thread, Go o, Get out. Shooo

avoltech

Reaction score
thunderbolt releasing on thursday... finally.

congrats guys! :)

i'll check it out in a local store that day, still like the 4.3 screen and ffc and new sense... and my mom likes my phone. alternate upgrade again?

Megan. Glad mom likes your phone. If you like the TB she can take yours. :)
Does everyone like the kickstand?

Reaction score
i have been told by my local verizon rep that 1 year contract price is $369.99. There is an instant $100 dollar rebate on these phones also. So it will at first ring up at $349.99 or $469.99. They will then apply the rebate.

So the 2 year phone will be 299 less 100 rebate????

geoff5093

Reaction score

No, $250 and $370 for 2 and 1 year contracts.

TheOldFart

Reaction score

No, $250 and $370 for 2 and 1 year contracts.

So an extra $120 instead of the normal $70 for the 1 year contract?

want a droid

Reaction score
Asking again: anyone know when we'll be able to order online? Midnight? 3am? 7am? All times EDT.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

No one seems to know the answer to my question so I called some local Verizon Wireless stores for some insight:

When asked when the ThunderBolt would be available for online purchase:

1: Doesn't know
2: Doesn't know
3: It's usually 3am EDT
4: Doesn't know ("I'm not sure if they're even selling it online" -Rep)
5: "After 2am EDT"
6: "Doesn't know"

So not much help there. Guess I'll just have to stay up to find out :/

Status
Not open for further replies.