HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Just played with the TB at Best Buy, and to say that it's lightening fast may be an understatement.

I guess I'm going to Best Buy when I head out for lunch. Are they selling accessories yet? I want to pick up a car dock so I have it when I pick up the TB at Verizon tomorrow.

Just played with the TB at Best Buy, and to say that it's lightening fast may be an understatement.

Are you an employee or they had it out on the floor for viewing????? Lol so excited if i can go check it out:)

No, I'm not an employee but an employee pulled it out and let me play with it. The only accessories that I saw were screen protectors.

pjo1966

Reaction score
They didn't have any on display at my nearest BB and the employee was less than helpful. They had chargers, screen protectors, and cases on display. No car docks. He said they might have car docks on display tomorrow. I also asked about microSD cards because I want one for my Nook. They might have more of those tomorrow too. Maybe.

I didn't have time to go to any other stores today. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

luv2golf

Reaction score
I just left the Verizon store where they said the phone was $349 with a instant $100 rebate for a total of $249 plus tax on $749. In So Cal that is an additional $75.

I also asked if I purchased the phone from a 3rd source ie: Best Buy or Wirefly, where would I take the phone for warranty repairs if needed. They stated that I would have to take to the point of purchase. If it was BB then no big deal, but to have to send it to Wirefly would be a pain.

Wirefly also stated to me yesterday that they give a 90 day warranty on the phone whereas, Verizon warranties it for one year.
Best Buy had the best extended warranty at $7.99 per month with no deductable. Verizon was $7.99 with an $89 deductable.

funkyb

Reaction score
I just left the Verizon store where they said the phone was $349 with a instant $100 rebate for a total of $249 plus tax on $749. In So Cal that is an additional $75.

I also asked if I purchased the phone from a 3rd source ie: Best Buy or Wirefly, where would I take the phone for warranty repairs if needed. They stated that I would have to take to the point of purchase. If it was BB then no big deal, but to have to send it to Wirefly would be a pain.

Wirefly also stated to me yesterday that they give a 90 day warranty on the phone whereas, Verizon warranties it for one year.
Best Buy had the best extended warranty at $7.99 per month with no deductable. Verizon was $7.99 with an $89 deductable.

Holy @#*((! You have to pay tax on $749 instead of $249.99? geeze, I'm glad I went wirefly...199.99 + no tax and no activation

TheOldFart

Reaction score
They didn't have any on display at my nearest BB and the employee was less than helpful. They had chargers, screen protectors, and cases on display. No car docks. He said they might have car docks on display tomorrow. I also asked about microSD cards because I want one for my Nook. They might have more of those tomorrow too. Maybe.

I didn't have time to go to any other stores today. I'll just have to wait until tomorrow.

You can likely get a microSD much cheaper at Amazon or Newegg. Those are the places that I shop for memory. Normally can get free shipping.

luv2golf

Reaction score

Holy @#*((! You have to pay tax on $749 instead of $249.99? geeze, I'm glad I went wirefly...199.99 + no tax and no activation

What I didn't like about wirefly was having to sent it back there for warranty. You could be without a phone for 2 weeks shipping it back and forth.

BoostedDroid

Reaction score
Soooo i just left the Verizon store, they are getting in 15 TB's tomorrow.. I am on a list to receive one at 3pm Eastern time.. Upgrade date was yesterday, getting my Thunderbolt tomorrow!

They said them and a few other select stores are getting them in before the online sale and official release date for a presale to see how it goes.. I'll be the first to have one at that store :)

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

What I didn't like about wirefly was having to sent it back there for warranty. You could be without a phone for 2 weeks shipping it back and forth.
Yeah that's another thing. When I noticed the dead pixel on my phone, wirefly said if I took it to my local Verizon store to get it replaced, they would consider it a breach of contract and charge me for replacing phones. I had to send it to them and be phoneless for a week (it only took a week because I paid an extra $20 to make sure it got there in 2 days). Otherwise it would be two weeks like you said. And then like I said earlier, the new phone they sent me back also had a dead pixel, but I wasnt going to wait another 2 weeks so I've been dealing with it since.

motty69

Reaction score
Verizon tweeted an hour ago that the Tbolt will be available online at midnight ET. They also said it will be $319 on a one year contact.

Sent from my Eris using DroidForums App

funkyb

Reaction score

That is only for the first 30 days, after that, you go to a verizon retail store. This was confirmed by a WireFly rep posting on this forum.

pjo1966

Reaction score
I just called my local Verizon store. They don't know how many they're getting, but they open at 7am. I guess I'll be there bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. :icon_eek:

BoostedDroid

Reaction score
I just called my local Verizon store. They don't know how many they're getting, but they open at 7am. I guess I'll be there bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. :icon_eek:

Wouldn't do that, they don't get them till they are shipped to them, so they wont be available till like atleast 10am tomorrow at the store, FedEx ships them, how i know? I work at FedEx, I've seen a few of them today while working :icon_ banana:

Dark Lazer

Reaction score

That is only for the first 30 days, after that, you go to a verizon retail store. This was confirmed by a WireFly rep posting on this forum.

Here's the link.
That's the same rep that told me I could get a new phone shipped to me before sending off my defective phone so that I wouldn't be phoneless for any time. I'm not saying he's wrong about everything, but from what I remember, you have to go to wirefly for replacements during the first 6 months, and after that you can make any changes without worries. Talk to one of their chat reps on their website to be sure.

kparks

Reaction score
thunderbolt releasing on thursday... finally.

congrats guys! :)

i'll check it out in a local store that day, still like the 4.3 screen and ffc and new sense... and my mom likes my phone. alternate upgrade again?

Megan. Glad mom likes your phone. If you like the TB she can take yours. :)
Does everyone like the kickstand?

I do, the only thing I dont like is that I wont have swype :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
wish they would say sumn about netflix dont see why it would not get it..but they way things are these days u never know

Status
Not open for further replies.