How's your phone's sliding holding up?

R1Lover

Reaction score
I just peeled mine off, does that make you feel better? :icon_ devil::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Last edited:

FireDroid

Reaction score
Ahh brother, judging by your R1 screen name it is you that is the 20 something that knows it all. I am 36 and has been around the block or two and know the difference between a piece of film used as protection during maufacturing and shipment and a piece vital to the construction of the functioning equipment.

You have yet to give any eveidence other than "you say" that this piece is supposed to stay on and is vital to the operation of the phone slider. Looking at the back of my screen and there are 5 screws visable holding down a sweet looking piece of aluminum that has nicely etched lines. Explain to me WHY Motorola would go through all that and then use a thin piece of cheap plastic film to make the slider operate properly????

Maybe YOU will grow up and realize that YOU are not right and are maybe just a bit paranoid like a few others on here, after all it is still a just a phone!

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Ahh brother, judging by your R1 screen name it is you that is the 20 something that knows it all. I am 36 and has been around the block or two and know the difference between a piece of film used as protection during maufacturing and shipment and a piece vital to the construction of the functioning equipment.

You have yet to give any eveidence other than "you say" that this piece is supposed to stay on and is vital to the operation of the phone slider. Looking at the back of my screen and there are 5 screws visable holding down a sweet looking piece of aluminum that has nicely etched lines. Explain to me WHY Motorola would go through all that and then use a thin piece of cheap plastic film to make the slider operate properly????

Maybe YOU will grow up and realize that YOU are not right and are maybe just a bit paranoid like a few others on here, after all it is still a just a phone!

And the picture of the back of the phone on Motorola's site clearly shows the phone sans plastic covering : DROID by Motorola - Android phone - Motorola USA

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can't believe this has 5 pages of conversations about a plastic clear sticker that is obviously supposed to be off.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Slides well here....Use it maybe 2x a week.....

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
I've only had my phone for 10 days, but I use the physical keyboard heavily. No issues with the slider.

I am noticing that I have a mark on the right hand side of the phone, however, from the slider.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score

BzB

Reaction score
had the phone since release day and took the back plastic off along with the rest of the packaging plastic. slider holding up great, no giggles or wiggles.

how well the slider would hold up was one of my concerns as well. glad to see it's a non-issue for most people.

Zippster

Reaction score
Left my plastic on and slider is just fine, gotta admit though I rarely use the physical keyboard so would expect it to be still like new.

scottl

Reaction score
The only "sticker" on the back of my screen (the one that I removed) was not glued. There was absolutely NO residue (sticky or otherwise) left after removing the protective plastic. R1Lover may have a different "sticker" that is held on with glue, but I'm not sure how he would know unless he removed it. I'll admit, until I removed mine, I though it was stuck on with an adhesive...but it was not.

But to each his own...that's the great thing about owning something...you can do with it whatever the heck you want!

If it had nipples, could we milk it???

:icon_ devil:

R1Lover

Reaction score

ahhhhhhhhhhhh Lesson #1 grasshopper.... never judge a book by it's cover..... :) I'm 40 and have owned every model R1 since it came out in 98.... hence the screen name that I started using in 99.... and every sense. :)

p.s. the plastic covering is just a protective plastic... take if off everyone.... lol

Everyone happy now? :)

p.s. Thx JessiesGirl.... I love that song... ;)

MrTommy

Reaction score
This is crazy!

I called VZW last week and they told me it is NOT suppose to come off. wtf

What? This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard! Verizon said not to take the protective cover off? The one that is ONLY on to protect the glass until you buy it? The same kind of cover that comes on ANY glass object you buy? I agree with you... WTF?