How's your phone's sliding holding up?

muenk

Reaction score
My slider was perfect until my phone fell from a cupholder in the movie theater on Saturday. It is now loose, both in the sliding action and when you press down on the phone. I have to use both thumbs to open the phone now, if not the phone will cock to one side and get a "tight" sliding feel. So be careful, try not to drop your phone if it doesn't have a cover! Thankfully, Verizon is sending me a new Droid which should be here today...

rvcjew

Reaction score
Alright this is my first post so flame if you like, since im reviving a probably pretty dead thread. I recived my droid only 3 weeks ago fing love it to death have tried swype and and other programs but i just love the keyboard with my small fingers, have little to no errors on the accuracy, anyway i took off the thing just now and basicaly its the same its slides up much smoother, but it will still click into place with the same amount of locking force and opening force. If i slide my finger across the screen in portrait it will not just slide open, it wont open in my pocket and im very happy with the result. I believe it is to be removed. Have a nice day.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since day one and took it off right away. Mine still works perfectly.

My fingers are average and the keyboard while accurate is a pain to type on... I really use swype very well - much faster than I can type.

If I had to use the keyboard it would likely be no issue once I got used to it... but swype simply works so well and fast that I find I don't need to.

Alright this is my first post so flame if you like, since im reviving a probably pretty dead thread. I recived my droid only 3 weeks ago fing love it to death have tried swype and and other programs but i just love the keyboard with my small fingers, have little to no errors on the accuracy, anyway i took off the thing just now and basicaly its the same its slides up much smoother, but it will still click into place with the same amount of locking force and opening force. If i slide my finger across the screen in portrait it will not just slide open, it wont open in my pocket and im very happy with the result. I believe it is to be removed. Have a nice day.

rvcjew

Reaction score
I've had mine since day one and took it off right away. Mine still works perfectly.

My fingers are average and the keyboard while accurate is a pain to type on... I really use swype very well - much faster than I can type.

If I had to use the keyboard it would likely be no issue once I got used to it... but swype simply works so well and fast that I find I don't need to.

my vision is 20/200 without my contacts, so my problem with swype is i dont really notice what key i am on to well, swype fast enough lol. Coming from a touch pro the screen is so much easier to read, when I get a phone call at night i can read it without my glasses to see whose actually calling me.

Nedaroth

Reaction score
I was one of the long hold outs on the film and cracked under pressure and sure enough everone is right it should be removed. its nothing more then a cheap film layer for shipping.

nunka

Reaction score
I removed the plastic on the first day, and the sliding felt a little smoother to me. It's been about a month now, and thankfully, even after hours upon hours of my compulsive lock-barely unlock-lock-barely unlock habit while holding my phone (think along the lines of pen clicking), the sliding feels the same as it did right after I removed the plastic. Seems like I've got a pretty sturdy Droid.

Last edited:

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
After taking mine off the back , left side , top of phone side , shows a distinct scratch line that will not rub off with finger or cloth .
Read somewhere that if it scratches like that you have a defective slider , true or not , anyone else see any scratching ?

justreboot

Reaction score
I dont actually use the kb at all (not even once). The physical kb was not a big draw to me. The feel of the unit, build quality and 2.x OS is what did it for me. The Nexus looks too much like the eris to me the shots of the 'nexus 2' (engadget...) if the renders prove to be true- look promising... (if the wife takes my droid....hmmmmm)