How to shut the alarm clock light?

jewels443

Reaction score
I've had Dan for a week now and am feeling very comfortable with him. :heart:

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to completely shut down the background light when he's docked and the alarm clock has been set. I can dim it but it's still on and it's just too close to my face.

I'm a non-root gal and I know that there's just got to be a setting I've missed. Where's he hiding that setting? :icon_ devil:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is a lightbulb icon that dims it, but that's all you've got. If its on your bedstand you could just face it the other way if it is keeping you awake.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
yeah, i've got mine facing totally away from me @ night caused even on the dimmed setting it tends to light up the bedroom.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey! The Droid is looking out for you, keeping out the boogie man while you're asleep. Droid does.:icon_ banana:

OP
jewels443

jewels443

Reaction score
The Droid is looking out for you, keeping out the boogie man while you're asleep. Droid does.:icon_ banana:

At least that one made me laugh. So no total dim option, eh? Sigh.

Thanks, I think. :icon_ peace:

Sal

Reaction score
once its docked and all set, push the power button once to turn screen off

That's what I've done. But if you roll over and want a quick time check, you have to reach in the dark, find the droid, the little button, etc. It would be nice if there was a super dimmer...If the droid is asleep and the alarm goes off when docked, do you have to unlock the phone to hit the snooze function or turn off the alarm. etc.? How about when undocked? I don't really use the alarm.

samiusmc

Reaction score
I've had Dan for a week now and am feeling very comfortable with him. :heart:

The only thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to completely shut down the background light when he's docked and the alarm clock has been set. I can dim it but it's still on and it's just too close to my face.

I'm a non-root gal and I know that there's just got to be a setting I've missed. Where's he hiding that setting? :icon_ devil:
You should use the 2.1 clock. It has a dimmer. There's a free app in the Market called "Better Alarm Clock" which is basically the 2.1 clock with adds. If you want an add free 2.1 clock, here is the link to it: com.android.deskclock.apk.zip ... at uploaded.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, .... Download it, extract it, put the extracted .apk file on your SD card, open it using "Astro" File Manager and install it.

Last edited:

AKValle26

Reaction score
You should use the 2.1 clock. It has a dimmer. There's a free app in the Market called "Better Alarm Clock" which is basically the 2.1 clock with adds. If you want an add free 2.1 clock, here is the link to it: com.android.deskclock.apk.zip ... at uploaded.to - Free File Hosting, Free Image Hosting, Free Music Hosting, Free Video Hosting, .... Download it, extract it, put the extracted .apk file on your SD card, open it using "Astro" File Manager and install it.

I agree with samiusmc. I had the same problem as OP and 2.1 clock was the fix I needed. The light on the 2.1 clock is less bright, and after 5 minutes it's becomes even dimmer