Alarm Clock does not go off! Please help!

hodzih398

Reaction score
My alarm clock never seems to go off at the set time. In fact, I set it for 1230 PM today, I woke up at saw that the alarm was still set to go off at that time, however the time was 12:37. The alarm only seems to go off when I set it a minute ahead of the current time, I do this to check to see it's actually working. It's set to play a very loud beep as well as vibrate. I don't sleep through alarms either, I'm not much of a heavy sleeper, it's just my alarm won't seem to go off and I've missed classes due to this. Anyone else have this problem or know of it and possible solutions?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
did you try a reboot or a battery pull?

you could try testing the alarm by setting it about an hour ahead of time you want it off instead of within a minute. My alarm works fine, but I also set my TV to turn on about 2 minutes after my phone alarm in case i hit snooze.

DroidFan

Reaction score
Do you also have an Advanced Task Killer app or something running? When I first got ATK, I was killing my apps, which resulted in my killing my alarm clock. If you're using ATK, then make sure you uncheck the alarm clock... since I did that, it's been working perfectly!

pudah

Reaction score
Do you also have an Advanced Task Killer app or something running? When I first got ATK, I was killing my apps, which resulted in my killing my alarm clock. If you're using ATK, then make sure you uncheck the alarm clock... since I did that, it's been working perfectly!

Or in ATK set the alarm clock up as an exempt item, so killing all tasks does not kill it, and you wont need to remember to do that each time. I exempt any and all apps the are necessary or load on booting of the device and restart when killed since it's futile or might impact proper operation of the phone. IMHO ATK is only useful to kill apps for things you are choosing to open, but do not close when you exit them.

OP
H

hodzih398

Reaction score
yep, my roommate actually asked me if I was killing the alarm clock app or letting it run in the background haha.... thanks for the help I feel like an idiot now!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
In ATK, long-press an item, then select "add to ignored list" or whatever it says that's like that.

On a side note, be sure you've got all the correct days set for the alarm to go off [just in case someone else comes in here and isn't killing their alarm]

As well, I've seen some people post that task killers really aren't as great as they're cracked up to be. They've also stated that apps get paused when not in use for a while, causing them to use no battery/RAM unless reopened, and I thought I'd give it a try.

I've used ATK and the built-in app list/killer in Home++ religiously [ie, do something, go home, kill everything that's not ignored. Do something, go home, kill everything not ignored.]

It's been at least 3 days now and I haven't noticed my battery dying any faster at all. It's lasting just as long, and I haven't noticed the phone slowing down at all either...

Bottom line, the choice is yours, but I'm not on-board with those that believe that task killers are a wast of space on your internal memory!

mjs31

Reaction score
ATK can cause many issues if you don't pay attention. I dont even have it installed any more. I actually don't kill any apps and just let the system handle it. If I feel the need to kill one, Xscope browser has a built in task killer.

kpoker

Reaction score
Where do you go to kill apps yourself? I once left gps on for like an hour by mistake and it totally drained. Maybe I will uninstall ATK and see how it goes, I can always put it back I guess.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Where do you go to kill apps yourself? I once left gps on for like an hour by mistake and it totally drained. Maybe I will uninstall ATK and see how it goes, I can always put it back I guess.

If you go to Menu>Applications>Running services, you can see what's ACTUALLY running, rather than just every app that's been opened recently.

As someone state before [and I may have restated], the phone does a perfectly fine job of stopping apps and processes that are idle for a certain amount of time.

kpoker

Reaction score
So most people are in favor of getting rid of ATK and ATM and stuff like that? Is there anyway to turn it off just for the day?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
From the little I know, as long as you don't use autokill, they don't do anything unless you open them. Someone feel free to correct me...

crf69

Reaction score
holy crap this is why i was late to work.....killn alarm hahahaha

kpoker

Reaction score
How do I check that ATM has alarm clock same so its not disabled? Do most people seem to like ATM and ATK or just do without them?