1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Dim the lights

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by gbouten, May 3, 2010.

1. gbouten

gbouten New Member

I bought a docking station to use my droid as an alarm clock. I have used several different clocks but they all have the same problem. The back lighting for the menu buttons are so bright I end up pushing the power button and hiding the display completely. So I can still use it as an alarm clock but not as a night clock. Is there some way to make those menu buttons lights stay off in dim light?
  2. takeshi

takeshi New Member

IIRC, not without rooting. You might want to search as it has been discussed before quite a bit. If you have problems searching post for help. Using Google and restriction results to droidforums.net may yield better results.
  3. gbouten

gbouten New Member

Thanks, I didn't know what to call them to do the search. I did a search for softKey hack and found a small app that shuts off the bottome Leds.