HOW TO ROOT Droid 2 - IN DEPTH TUTORIAL

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I read somewhere on df that once you are rooted you can use rom manager to install roms

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

rryyyaannn

Reaction score
Would I be able to get rid of Blur and run the stock android UI just from rooting alone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I read somewhere on df that once you are rooted you can use rom manager to install roms

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Correct however you would have to use the D2G Rom-er after for the rom to work. This is because d2g and d2 are just different enough (i think its mostly hardware configurations) that d2 roms dont work quite right on the d2g until you run the rom-er (avaible here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ge...rom-er-tool-tool-convert-d2-roms-use-d2g.html). The only real problem with the rom-er is the sensors have to be off, otherwise it will soft reboot every time the phone goes to sleep. Or, you can use fission. Its the only rom for d2g so far and it doesn't have the sensor thing. Thats available through the Fission Rom Manager and is available here : Fission Rom Manager | Team DeFuse

Would I be able to get rid of Blur and run the stock android UI just from rooting alone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Yes and no.... Yes, you can get blur off your phone by using a rom. As said in the first part of this post, Fission is the only rom for d2g that doesnt have sensor problems. No, because even roms don't have the stock google ui, most have their own modified ui (most use a gingerbread base now).

Reaction score
ok i have 2 questions first when i was doing the back up i went to back up and restore and then i just went to backup there was no backup/recovery and create backup

also what are some of the best thing i can do now that i have a rooted droid and how do i do them like download apps

louy99

Reaction score
You can always sbf back to stock, get a new memory card or format if it fixes it and start fresh.

Sent from my DROID2

danknapp

Reaction score
Help!

HELP!!! I followed all of the steps in order and to the T. Every time I use z4root, after I click on Permanent Root, it goes to a loading screen and then a box pops up and says "In order for this to work, USB debugging must be enabled. The settings page will open when you press OK. Please enable USB debugging, and then retry". The thing is, USB debugging has been enabled from the start! I tried disabling it, and then re-enabling it. NO LUCK!!! SOMEONE COME TO MY RESCUE!!!

louy99

Reaction score
You have "unknown sources" checked too?

Sent from my DROID2

louy99

Reaction score
Reboot and try again...or root with terminal emulator

Sent from my DROID2

louy99

Reaction score
Perhaps you have a bad copy of z4root.

Sent from my DROID2

danknapp

Reaction score
Reboot and try again...or root with terminal emulator

Sent from my DROID2

As it was once said...just take a deep breath....*deep breath in*...*exhale*...and reboot. I should have known! thanks louy99!

louy99

Reaction score
Maybe you have a bad copy of z4root...and make sure its version 1.3.0

Sent from my DROID2

louy99

Reaction score
[/quote]

As it was once said...just take a deep breath....*deep breath in*...*exhale*...and reboot. I should have known! thanks louy99![/QUOTE]
Welcome to the darkside...have fun flashing!

Sent from my DROID2

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Sorry for not reading through all the pages...
I followed the z4root tutorial in the first post, but my phone goes into bootloader when it reboots and plugged in. I have superuser in the app drawer, and was able to download wireless tether. However, when I load z4root, it still has the root option, not re root or un root. So, should I go through the process again, unplugged?

mattydipps

Reaction score
Sorry for not reading through all the pages...
I followed the z4root tutorial in the first post, but my phone goes into bootloader when it reboots and plugged in. I have superuser in the app drawer, and was able to download wireless tether. However, when I load z4root, it still has the root option, not re root or un root. So, should I go through the process again, unplugged?

i just had the same problem everything seams to be working for me wireless tether works fine i hit the root button again and went through the same process only to find out the same thing it still says root not reroot or unroot can someone explain why this is happening ?