HOW TO ROOT Droid 2 - IN DEPTH TUTORIAL

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Update:
I tried opening wireless tether for root users, and get the following...
"No Access Control!
Sorry, but your kernel does not have all necessary features for the Axxess Control feature of this application. Access Control will be disabled."

I haven't actually tried tethering yet, but I can turn it on and off.

CLRracer

Reaction score
OK, new to droids and rooting. Tried to root using the z4root and it froze with the words "Running exploit in order to obtain root access" at the bottom of the screen, and the icon in the middle quit spinning. I saw earlier on page 3 where this happened to Bytesunfish and rmader said to pull the battery and try again. So after pulling the battery and reinstalling the phone now says:

Bootloader
D0.11

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

And thats as far as it will go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Duane

EDIT: I pulled the battery and let it sit for about 5 min and now its back and acting normal. Should I try to root again?

cwhicker1

Reaction score
doroot folder

for sum odd reason the doroot folder will not allow me to delete it from my desktop. is there a way to delete this

beerdrinkingdawg

Reaction score
Beware VIRUS

Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer blocked the download, and tagged it as a bad virus.

For those that downloaded the file you may want to do some scans!

FreeTrader

Reaction score
rooted but still need major Help !!! LoL

i put z4root on my SD card but when I go to install it on my phone it fails to open... tried rooting the other way and none of the PCs in my house will allow me to unzip the files. Help :(

Bummer z4root didn't work at all 4 me but Super one click did :D now i just gotta figure out how to make a Solid Back up of my system files & Etc.
Just like it came out of the box ... Just in case lol

have tried to find Spr recovery w no luck ??? no luck finding clockwork either ??? & also have read many posts on here & still have no idea how to install Spr ? or any other back up & use them

maybe i missed it but i'm a Noob LoL

Hey Ppl Please help !!!

i Really wanna back up my phone B4 I play w it Too Much

this way if it gets messed up i can hopefully Fix it :D

Any help would be great & Thanx

MrCalibrator

Reaction score
Going back to factory

First time posting to a forum, so please take it easy on me. I am wanting to root my droid2 using the first method mainly for wireless tethering. I have 2 questions: 1)Is there any way Verizon can detect that this has been done, especially by an increase in data usage from wireless tethering? 2)Once the root is complete... I want to verify with you guys that I can go back to the factory phone as it came out of the box in case I need to take advantage of my warranty/insurance if something were to happen. Appreciate your time in answering my questions.

-CG

Exodus196

Reaction score
can anyone give me the download link for motorola drivers? i cant find it anywhere

dan_trisler

Reaction score
Z4Root install problem

I'm trying to root my Droid2 and I've downloaded z4root.1.3.0 multiple times from multiple sources. However, Astro won't install it. It says "Could not open/mnt/sdcard/z4root.1.3.0.apk as APK file". By the way, I do have "unknown sources" enabled and I've tried multiple reboots by removing my battery. No luck. Any recommendations to get this to work? (As an aside, I also tried DoRoot from darkonion, but my computer tells me all of the .zip files are corrupt or empty, so that isn't working for me either...)

evltwn72

Reaction score
I'm trying to root my Droid2 and I've downloaded z4root.1.3.0 multiple times from multiple sources. However, Astro won't install it. It says "Could not open/mnt/sdcard/z4root.1.3.0.apk as APK file". By the way, I do have "unknown sources" enabled and I've tried multiple reboots by removing my battery. No luck. Any recommendations to get this to work? (As an aside, I also tried DoRoot from darkonion, but my computer tells me all of the .zip files are corrupt or empty, so that isn't working for me either...)

Try downloading onto your computer 1st and then connect your phone and move it to the downloads file. I've had the same thing happen to me when trying to download directly to my DX. This usually works.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

dan_trisler

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I already tried that and it didn't work. Unfortunately, I am using my company laptop and I think it is the security software causing the problems. I now know that this was the reason I had problems with the DoRoot .zip files. I was finally able to get DoRoot to work by using a different computer on which I could turn off the security software. I am FINALLY rooted! Here's the link to the DoRoot.zip for another easy option. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=782556