How to prevent those over the shoulder text readers??

devanmc90

Reaction score
I am not sure if there is a app for this, but if there is not it would be awesome if there was.. You know how when you are out in public you get the feeling that someone is reading what you are texting? I was wondering if there is a way to prevent the sentences your are texting to all come up in the text box, like maybe there is a way to hide each word as it is typed? Hopefully someone will understand what I am trying to explain, I am a loss of words on trying to explain it!
Thanks!!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
in all honesty, u can order a privacy screen for ur phone. meaning anyone from the side would not be able to see ur screen, unless they are holding ur phone itself to read.
check it out.

Swyped with an Aloha from Hawaii

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ill have to be with the princess on this one. Couple of my buddies have privacy screen protectors and they work quite well. Amazon.com has a good selection of these for good prices.

I see it your first post. welcome!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If someone is reading my texts over my shoulder then they are way to close -

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I personally use my elbow-to-face move to prevent this ;)

DroidForums Junkie!!

Reaction score
I think the OP is suggesting an app that is capable of "blanking out" letters/words as you type them.

I could imagine this being a new feature in Handcent. it would only show the current letter/word you were/are typing and after you either type the next letter or finish the word (depending on which settings you select, blank word or each letter as you type) the text goes blank. And to reveal what you just typed, you should just have to "long press" and select for it to reveal the text so far.

I would personally use this feature a lot, i hate it when people are reading what i'm texting. Everyone should email Handcent or whatever your current sms app is (unless you're using the default text app) and tell them about this feature.