Talk To Me About Texting...

JessIsOK

Reaction score
So, I posted awhile back about my Droid 2 getting hot at random times. I assumed that text messaging could not possibly be the problem, and I've spent countless hours (OK, that might be a slight exaggeration) trying to figure out what apps are causing my phone to run hot and slow. But over the last few days, I've paid closer attention to when it gets hot and slows down. And it seems like it's somehow related to texting.

So, keeping in mind that I'm blonde and not exactly a computer whiz, I've done some research and from what I understand, I can use something else for text messaging besides what's on my phone now. Is that right? Could someone dumb it waaaay down and explain that to me?

I appreciate any help anyone can offer!

Jess

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Well anytime u download apps, files, music etc, can cause ur device to get warm. Anything that has a lot of data can cause ur device to get hot. If u tether,definately it'll do that.

OP
J

JessIsOK

Reaction score
Hi Hawaiian Princess,

Thank you for your response. :) Would just normal, chitchat (no pix or vids) kind of texting cause my phone to get hot and slow? Would that qualify as a lot of data?

Thanks again!

Jess

xm0067

Reaction score
Your phone really shouldn't overheat too much from texting, even if its near constant. You can try to download other messaging apps like handcent SMS or GO SMS pro (both are free and great apps. I use GO) and see if that fixes it.

Sent from my Liberated Overclocked DROID 2