How to delete mail from phone but not exchange server

gingerman74

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to delete mail from the droid without actually removing it from my exchange account? On my old blackberry I could do this and would not actually delete from my inbox but it would delet from my phone. Is this possible? I have poked and prodded everything i can think of but cant see how to do this.
Thanks.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i dont think the stock email app will let you do this with outlook but maybe check out K9 email - free and has a lot more options than the stock one

rap4974

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to delete mail from the droid without actually removing it from my exchange account? On my old blackberry I could do this and would not actually delete from my inbox but it would delet from my phone. Is this possible? I have poked and prodded everything i can think of but cant see how to do this.
Thanks.

You can choose to delete from the droid only or droid and server, ALL the time, no choice for each email, all or nothing. I ahve not found a way to do this with the stock email or k9. Maybe with the gmail forwarding or touchdown, I haven't tried those yet.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a section in that thread on Exchange accounts or am I missing something?

i dont think the stock email app will let you do this with outlook but maybe check out K9 email - free and has a lot more options than the stock one
I don't see anything in the stock Email app either but I never use it so I'm not extremely familiar with it.

+1 for Touchdown.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
K9 enables you to delete from the downloaded email while leaving it on the server. Check the options under Menu>More>Account Settings.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
K9 enables you to delete from the downloaded email while leaving it on the server. Check the options under Menu>More>Account Settings.

thats what i thought but i wasnt positive