How to customize home screen

jimwaltman

Reaction score
Is it possible to have only the live wallpaper showing initially and then hit a key to display the home icons? (like a screensaver on a pc). The WP is so beautiful.

Thanks

gwwjpd

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the normal home replacement launchers (ADW, LauncherPro, GoLauncher, etc...) But it is possible with Sweeter Home 2. SweeterHome - Start - sweeterhome.com
Download the app, make sure you can run unknown 3rd party apps.
Once you get it installed and running, the green screen has got to go.
Hit menu - Edit Theme - menu - More - New Theme
Now you can start customizing.
Menu - Wallpaper - Live wallpaper (pick what you want)
Menu - Edit Theme - menu - New - Picture
Long press on the pic, - Edit - Choose Image - Image Source - Internal Device Picture - Local Picture - Choose Image (find and select whatever image you want as your wallpaper) then back out to the Configure Block screen. Tap the Layer Level and set it to a lower level (1 or 2), back out to the home screen, still in Editing mode and tap on the pic and resize to fill the whole screen. Then, Menu - New - Springboard - move and resize the Springboard to where you want it (like one of the corners). Go into edit the springboard, Tap Controlled Block(s) and toggle from no to yes on the pic that you added.
To make it transparent, Tap Frame/BG (on) - Background - Color 1 - slide the Alpha to the left, back out, tap Frame/Title - Line Style (either change the color to transparent or change the Thickness of the line to 0 px, back - change Show Title to no. Back out to the Configure Block screen, tap Frame/Background and repeat the process to make it transparent also.

Now that you have added and edited something you can kinda see the unlimited customization that SH2 can do.

You can go into edit theme and add widgets, tagged trays, custom trays, etc... Then you can toggle them off and on with the springboard you already have or add more springboards.

Tip #1 rename whatever you add. You don't want any 2 things named the same, or when you're selecting what you want a springboard to toggle off/on it will be hard to tell which of the widgets or trays you want it to control.

Tip #2 save your editing work often. Menu - Upload/Export - tap Internet and change to SD Card - give it a name and Upload.

I know I probably forgot something, or maybe missed a step. But I'll check back later if you have more questions (which I'm sure you will) I don't know everything about SH2, but I will try to help.