Beautiful Widgets Updated - New "Super Clock", Hi Res Skins, and More

Detonation

Reaction score
For those who haven't seen the update yet, Beautiful Widgets 3.3 was released today with some significant new features. Among them is the new "super clock" which is basically the old Beautiful Home clock but now hi-res and includes the option to show battery and different weather layouts, and a completely rewritten live wallpaper.

Change log:
  • SuperClock Widgets: Modular, Hi-res widgets that can be scaled without quality loss.
  • New Live Wallpaper: Rewritten in OpenGL with improved weather effects, new grass, and the ability to change the background image.
  • Hi-Res notification icons
  • Gingerbread notification icons
  • Clock only layout options
  • You can now display the battery level instead of the weather

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
is there a text clock option?? that's the one thing BW doesn't have that i wish it did...

ttocsm

Reaction score
Yes, there is, under appearance there is a option to change the widget text color. But it doesn't change the clock color. So far I like the changes.

zimm

Reaction score
BW text clock

I think huskerkate was asking about the option to have a text clock like clockr and not how to change the color of the text. I have look through all the options and also do not see the option to have a text clock. I agree with huskerkate BW needs to add the option or a widget for a text clock. If anyone finds the option in the new BW to have a text clock please post.

ttocsm

Reaction score
Sorry, I misunderstood the question, I need to quit posting so late at night.

Mohawk3

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the type of text clock you are looking for, but they have these two options now for clock types. One is the Super Clock 4x2 and the other is the Super Clock 2x1. The blue text is from me changing the text color. There are currently only a few super skins available.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw the update and installed it, however I didn't realize the new features until the posting. Thanks...I have some configuring to do now.

nornevrder

Reaction score
Is there only 2 skins for the updated clock? Cause that is all I can get

Sent From The Final Frontier

Mohawk3

Reaction score
Is there only 2 skins for the updated clock? Cause that is all I can get

Sent From The Final Frontier

I only have the two superclock skins currently. I really like the airport 2 skin so I am ok with it for now. I imagine we will start seeing a lot of skins in the near future.

Last edited:

brando56894

Reaction score
The update is pretty nice, there arent any skins out yet for the super clock though. I do like the 4x1 weather widget though.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Thanks for the headsup on the new update! They just need to get some new super clock skins! And I really like the idea of having the option for the text clock.

OP
Detonation

Detonation

Reaction score
They released a skin development kit (http://levelupstudio.com/beautifulwidgets see Create Skins) for the super clock along with the update, so we should start seeing some new ones coming in soon. Hopefully someone does an HTC Sense one (even if they can't add it to the official in-app download list)

Last edited:

Mitchellpaul

Reaction score
How do we get the battery skin to take effect? Does it just replace the sun in the middle of the widget, or the one on the notification bar?

Droid Incredible 2.2 stock

prashp1

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the battery skin to work. I selected one of the battery and it does not show up. How do I get this to work?