Set Left Screen as Default Home Screen?

Tony_Stark

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Pardon me if this has been addressed on here already... this is my first visit to the site (very helpful by the way) and I did search the forums but didn't get a clear answer.

I am a brand new owner of the Droid 2 and so far I really like it. I just figured out that you can slide between different homescreens and customize what each shows. Neat feature.

Right now I really like what the factory default view of one of the screens is (which is not what my "main" home screen is). Is it possible to make one of the "other" screens the default home screen? (so that when I press the "home" hard key, it shows that particular screen?

Someone mentioned in another posting "Why don't you just customize your Home Screen to look like that "other" screen" which does make sense, but I am not sure where to find those particular widget views? One is a rectangular bar with the date and any events for the day, under that is a rectangular bar showing "recent messages" and then I did add (4) custom widgets under those.

Any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you long press on the widget you can move them to any other screen. (press and hold on the widget, then drag to the edge of the screen, it will 'slide' to the next screen and so on until you get where you want it)

Also, any widget on a screen is in your widget menu (long press on a blank spot on the home screen, select 'widgets') so finding them shouldn't be an issue. If you remove a widget from a screen you don't lose it from your phone.

OP
Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Thank you so much Martin! That is exactly what I wanted to do. It's funny, I started to slide those widgets to the edge as you suggested and chickened out for fear that I would lose them completely. Thank you again. I really appreciate it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and if you still really want to specify a different screen as the default home screen LauncherPro will do that. I'd suspect that ADW and other launchers would as well.

It's funny, I started to slide those widgets to the edge as you suggested and chickened out for fear that I would lose them completely.
You won't lose them unless you drag them to the trash.

billyidle

Reaction score
And if you drag them to the trash, simply long press on the homescreen and select Widgets.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
... as others mentioned... if you want to remove a widget or icon from your home screen... long press on the item and then drag it to the app drawer... it will turn into a red trash can, then just drop it in the trash can.

OP
Tony_Stark

Tony_Stark

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Not sure why or if I am doing something wrong, but when I touch/hold/drag these particular items and bring them to the edqge of the screen, they do not slide to the other screen. Could it be because there is not enough room on the middle screen? My left screen (per default, I've only had this phone a week or two) has a rectangular Google search bar at the top. Under it is a larger rectangular bar with the date in large white letters with a blue background and items for the date (events, tasks, etc.) Under that is a rectangular of the same size with an envelope on the left with red background and tex that shows "Recent" messages. These are not the typical "widgets" that I am used to. Is it possible to get those bars onto the "middle" home screen? Bare with me... lol