Aftermarket Launchers and Beautiful Widgets

OldguyMark

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been asked a million times – I’ve been reading and searching, but ….

Does Home++ and Beautiful Widgets play well together?
I see a lot of people using Home++ and BW, but in the comments in the Market for Home++, it looks like some thing has changed and it’s not going so good(?)

Does Helix (not Helix2) and Beautiful Widgets play well together?

Does either combo work Ok with something like Bettercut?

I only want an aftermarket launcher to add home pages so I can better organize my apps.
I don’t care about things like live wallpaper and what not.
I’d like to try Beautiful Widgets just ‘cause y’all rave about it, and it does look pretty cool.
I’d like to try Bettercut, just so I could play around with setting up different icons.

Phone is not rooted, and no plans to do so right now (have too much learn still)

Thanks all in advance - Mark

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey OldguyMark! Well I haven't played around with Home++ in a really long time so I can't give any input in that department but I can say that Helix Launcher (original) and BetterCut are all working fine with Beautiful Widgets on my phone! So by all means try them out :D Helix and BW are two of my many favorite "must have" apps.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey OldguyMark! Well I haven't played around with Home++ in a really long time so I can't give any input in that department but I can say that Helix Launcher (original) and BetterCut are all working fine with Beautiful Widgets on my phone! So by all means try them out :D Helix and BW are two of my many favorite "must have" apps.

+1 for Helix original and BW (aren't we due for a surprise?) ....no issues at all here. Ultimatefaves plays well with those two as well.

Last edited:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't had any real problems with BW on Home++, Helix 1 & 2, or GDE. I don't have BetterCut so I can't help you there. Currently I'm using Helix 2.

Remember, any purchase can be uninstalled with a full refund within a 24-hour period.

Last edited:
OP
O

OldguyMark

Reaction score
Thanks people - one thing I love about this site is the quick responses :i-m_so_happy:

I think I'll try the Helix, BW combo.

Thanks a bunch people!

fgw

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted and I run Helix and BW together. Both are great and I have had no problems. I very seldom get a FC with Helix and highly recommend both.

GotnFX

Reaction score
My phone is not rooted and I run Helix and BW together. Both are great and I have had no problems. I very seldom get a FC with Helix and highly recommend both.
When I first loaded helix I was getting a lot of force closes...then I read to remove shortcuts/widgets off the stock home screen. I stop using weatherbug and loaded bw..it has been performing great together

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey OldguyMark! Well I haven't played around with Home++ in a really long time so I can't give any input in that department but I can say that Helix L

+1 for Helix original and BW (aren't we due for a surprise?) ....no issues at all here. Ultimatefavs plays well with those two as well.
Oh sweet I'll check out ultimate favs. I think I used it a while ago but it may have gotten better since then! Thank for reminding me about it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk