How soon will you root your Bionic after purchase?

wseyller

Reaction score
For all the people that are primarily going to purchase the Bionic soon after release. How many are going to root and how soon do expect to do it.

Me personally I will be real busy on release day. Gonna leave the office in the morning to go to Verizon when they open up. Hopefully that will go smoothly. After work I will be in football mode with the season opening and my Green Bay Packers. I probably will within a week when I have time to sit down and do it when I'm not in a hurry. Also what I do with root will likely be limited. I would much rather have an SBF laying around but I am a veteran of rooting android phones so I tend to know the do's and don'ts.

cloud12077

Reaction score
I'm waiting for others to root theirs. Mainly because I want to see if something better is released shortly (within a month or two) after the Bionic.

idefiler6

Reaction score
ASAP. One click root works. Phone is solid from speaking with the few folks that already have theirs.

Oxymoron

Reaction score
I was thinking about rooting soon after purchase to check a few things out, but really.... my main desire for root is to remove bloatware. I wouldn't do that without an SBF handy.

I wanted to be able to capture screens, and maybe peek around using root explorer.... but I think it can wait.

I think I changed my mind, and will just wait for the SBF before I root.

*customized tapatalk signature*

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I too know what I am doing, and have been following the D3 rooting threads. I figured the method would certainly work for the Bionic. I am certainly going to wait a little, to get a feel for the stock experience/battery life, etc. And I am afraid this forum (or the Hacks subforum here) is gonna fill up pretty fast with boneheads who think deleting files is an OK thing to do. I would hope anyone doing the root thing would at least take the time to read through the D3 section.

Craig

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
Yeah some people jump into it too quickly without any previous knowledge. Not only do you need to know how to root correctly. The most important think is what you do with it afterwards. I personally do the freezing feature in Titanium backup and I make absolutely sure it is ok to freeze. Some people just start permanently deleting their stock apps away which is a recipe for disaster without and SBF to fall back on. Even on the motorola droid I don't delete, freeze only.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Without an sbf, there's not a chance I would root my bionic (even though I decided not to get one :))

Sent from my DROIDX

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^I was gonna say add 'as soon as I get home.'

There are some nice root apps out there. And some apps have extra functionality rooted. Widget Locker is one. I forget what it is right now, but if rooted you can do something extra with it. I think to underclock with SetCPU you need to be rooted? And my fav file manager Root Explorer obviously needs root...lol

anuraj1

Reaction score
^I was gonna say add 'as soon as I get home.'

There are some nice root apps out there. And some apps have extra functionality rooted. Widget Locker is one. I forget what it is right now, but if rooted you can do something extra with it. I think to underclock with SetCPU you need to be rooted? And my fav file manager Root Explorer obviously needs root...lol

With root you can make WidgetLocker override the mandatory 5 second wait time after hitting the home button. Otherwise, you can't see the lock screen for 5 seconds.

And I agree, I use root apps way too much to lose it, they increase my phone's functionality by so much.

prey

Reaction score
Sorry for stupid questions.. but what does SBF mean?