How soon will you root your Bionic after purchase?

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
as soon as possible. Well as soon as a decent reliable method is found.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Tillmorn

Reaction score
I'll wait a couple of weeks, see if Verizon's bloatware is really weighing the phone down as much. Also gives me a chance to hear about how much of a performance increase comes from freezing all their junk, if any.

ebourlet

Reaction score
I rooted mine as soon as I got home from the store using the Windows One Click Root, I needed USB teather to work and it does. I hope that there is a ClockworkMod Recovery for it soon though.

breedingh8

Reaction score
I just left VZW, didn't buy one yet.. almost did.. Would suggest rooting and waiting for a CM, or a good ROM. I ran a quarant on both phones, my DX and the B.. 2120 on the B, and 2020 on my DX. LOL of course the LTE is amazingly fast, thanks to Verizon killing the 3g speeds after LTE came out.

it's a lil bulky iMO but defiantly a nice device. I will probaly pick one up when I find an old VZ phone to swap a line too, not paying $589! I doubt I'll root right away - wait for SBF, if I can take the wait - 2 weeks no SBF probably root; if I last that long.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Rooted it right after I got home from work. I'm not deleting anything until the SBF comes out though. Freezing everything in TiBu.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've been using TiBu since I came to android, just recently purchased it though. Freezing apps is the only reason I paid for it.

Okay after a reboot, Quad score is 2332.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Stops the app from running, but allows you to restore it if you ever want it again. Like Facebook. I don't use it but if I ever lose my mind and decide to join facebook I could unfreeze it and see it in the app drawer.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Is Titanium back up worth the money? I rooted mine an hour after I got it...

Yep, TB is very worth it. Once someone posts a complete "safe apps to freeze" list, there will literally be about 40 things to remove! My DX got pretty darn snappy after freezing all of that crap. TB is also great for saving app data. Let's say you have a game that you have leveled up on but get sick of playing. You can use TB to save exactly where you were and uninstall the app. A few months later if you want to reinstall and play that game, you can just grab it from the market and TB will put you right back where you were.