How do I root my Motorola Droid Bionic running ICS 4.04?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
eye_dea said:
In phone settings: you have checked "usb debugging" and from "unknown sources"? Then plug into back port of pc. Then run razr_edge run.bat file.

+1 that was going to be my next thing to check.

krazyace38

Reaction score
jack2402 said:
No, but I assumed the phone had just been factory reset before I received it. It was factory refurbished...

If u got it from ebay it wouldn't be factory refurbished it has to go go verizon to do that and when it comes from verizon factory refurbished it wouldn't have ICS loaded because its not an official ota update yet

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
In phone settings: you have checked "usb debugging" and from "unknown sources"? Then plug into back port of pc. Then run razr_edge run.bat file.

Yes, I have USB debugging checked and unknown sources checked. And I don't have a back port. I am using an Inspiron 1750 laptop.

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
If u got it from ebay it wouldn't be factory refurbished it has to go go verizon to do that and when it comes from verizon factory refurbished it wouldn't have ICS loaded because its not an official ota update yet

Well if that's the case, then I'm upset because I didn't get what I paid for. Is there any way I can downgrade without soft bricking my phone?
?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
krazyace38 said:

Yea true. But he still should be able to root it...

jcwilliams

Reaction score
jack2402 said:
Well if that's the case, then I'm upset because I didn't get what I paid for. Is there any way I can downgrade without soft bricking my phone?
?

What version are you running?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I'm on my phone right now so i can't link you but there is a sticky thread by sarg with a fxz file to restore to gb using rsd lite. Then you can side load ics from there. It'll be easier to root on gb then use ota keeper to keep root when going to ics...but you'll lose everything.

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
I'm on my phone right now so i can't link you but there is a sticky thread by sarg with a fxz file to restore to gb using rsd lite. Then you can side load ics from there. It'll be easier to root on gb then use ota keeper to keep root when going to ics...but you'll lose everything.

Well I've already downloaded FXZ .902 and RSD lite but I read somewhere that this WOULD soft brick the phone. And what I really want to flash is Cyanogenmod 9. I just recently upgraded from my Droid A855 which had Cyanogenmod 7.2 and I loved it. But this piece of crap won't root so...

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
Does anyone know if perhaps there is an older driver or maybe even a Droid Razr or Razr Maxx driver that will be compatible with this Bionic???

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I've used the rsd lite and fxz method like 4 times. It works! But before you do that I'm going to try to send some help your way. Bc if you ask me it should root the way you have it.

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
I've used the rsd lite and fxz method like 4 times. It works! But before you do that I'm going to try to send some help your way. Bc if you ask me it should root the way you have it.

I'll try anything right now lol. It's useless to me if it's not rooted.