How soon will you root your Bionic after purchase?

dlo-htown

Reaction score
If the phone rocks right out of the box, which it should, I won't feel the need to root. I rooted my D1, but only so that I could overclock it. I really couldn't care less about which UI is spiffier than the other... that is trivial stuff and the novelty wears off soon after using it.

I just want the thing to be responsive and reliable. The last thing I want is to have it hanging or suddenly rebooting on me. I may throw on LauncherPro, but that's about it. Oh, and Swype too if it doesn't come with it. :p

If it's fast enough stock, then I won't bother messing with it. I don't have time to be jacking with it... I want it to work like the appliance it is. :p

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I too know what I am doing, and have been following the D3 rooting threads. I figured the method would certainly work for the Bionic. I am certainly going to wait a little, to get a feel for the stock experience/battery life, etc. And I am afraid this forum (or the Hacks subforum here) is gonna fill up pretty fast with boneheads who think deleting files is an OK thing to do. I would hope anyone doing the root thing would at least take the time to read through the D3 section.

Craig

You going to go Motorola again bear?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the phone rocks right out of the box, which it should, I won't feel the need to root. I rooted my D1, but only so that I could overclock it. I really couldn't care less about which UI is spiffier than the other... that is trivial stuff and the novelty wears off soon after using it.

I just want the thing to be responsive and reliable. The last thing I want is to have it hanging or suddenly rebooting on me. I may throw on LauncherPro, but that's about it. Oh, and Swype too if it doesn't come with it. :p

If it's fast enough stock, then I won't bother messing with it. I don't have time to be jacking with it... I want it to work like the appliance it is. :p

Those seems somewhat counter intuitive to each other...

patfactorx

Reaction score
Freezing apps on my d3 is amazing. I would root right away.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Tegamal

Reaction score
I want to root it asap, but I think I'll play it safe & wait for an SBF to be released.

OP
wseyller

wseyller

Reaction score
You should have added the option: In Costco's parking lot. :p

Well yeah, and I though about crazy options like that. I figured most rooting procedures you need the phone hooked up to a computer, so I summed it up in that option. I mean why not just bring a laptop with you into the store and you can root it right there at the checkout counter.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Then start offering $10 a pop to people in line to have their phone rooted right away while your at it

endobrian

Reaction score
If that means I can OC it to 1.5 and be the fastest cell phone on earth...that day!

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Day one no doubt

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

318Droid

Reaction score
Waiting on the SBF file....I THINK

Honestly I wont know until its in the palm of my hand Thursday..Might be day 1 and might not be....Looks too snappy to need root right now!
:shocked:

Last edited: