Bionic Newb Questions

BionicNewb

Reaction score
I am will be going out tonight, and purchasing a Bionic. I have a Droid x 2 for my work phone and can not root it for fear of termination... lol. I would like to root the bionic when get it, but i am not clear on the specifics. Here are the question i have, and thanks in advance for your help.

1. Can you restore phone back to factory settings? If so, is it easy to do?

2. How do you install and use a rooted app?

3. How do i back up default phone settings or can you?

I am a total newb to all this and i do not want to screw the phone up. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Newb!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DroidForums. We are happy to have you with us.

I am sorry to say that not owning a Bionic will not allow me to answer your first question accurately so I will have to leave that up to someone who is more knowledgeable in this area.
As far as using root apps, it is normally as easy as installing them and as long as you have root you will be able to use them. It does also depends on what the apps are but like I said the common requirement is root access.
And there definitely are ways to back up settings but we can get to that once you get started.

The most important thing you can do for yourself is read, read, and read some more. That way when you start doing all these things you will be ready for them :)

AlexSB

Reaction score
For your first question, yes you can but I remember reading somewhere that it can't be restored to complete stock, because of the locked bootloader. But maybe something's been done about that now?

And you root and restore with the same program

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
1. Yes, you can, unless you've updated the kernel with a leaked update, that can't be restored. At least not yet...if you're just talking about a factory reset then yes it's very simple, if you need to flash EVERYTHING back to factory settings, then you need the .zip file but it's still fairly simple.

2. Check out Shadez link for this one, more than enough info there. Or just google search "P3 Droid Bionic Root"

3. Many ways to backup, I've tried most of them, and the easiest and most reliable has been Titanium Backup. You need to be rooted to use it unfortunately, but it's worth it IMO. If you want another unrooted way, I'd just google "Backup Smartphone settings stock," hope this helps.