How do I root my Motorola Droid Bionic running ICS 4.04?

jack2402

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Bionic off of eBay that is running ICS 4.04. This phone is not rooted, but when I attempt to root it, (I've tried several methods, including superoneclick) they all say that they cannot find the correct drivers. I have installed the correct drivers multiple times and have even tried installing incorrect ones. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really want this phone rooted.

krazyace38

Reaction score
jack2402 said:
I recently purchased a Bionic off of eBay that is running ICS 4.04. This phone is not rooted, but when I attempt to root it, (I've tried several methods, including superoneclick) they all say that they cannot find the correct drivers. I have installed the correct drivers multiple times and have even tried installing incorrect ones. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? I really want this phone rooted.

Download this on your pc its the correct rooting app for bionic ics leak
http://db.tt/1oYf2ZYt
Unzip the file to a folder on your desktop ( create one if needed) open folder plug in phone to pc and run the windows batch file let me know if u need help

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
I've already tried Razors Edge along with Motofail and Superoneclick. I tried your link and I received the same result. I says, "deamon started successfully," and never makes it any futher...

krazyace38

Reaction score
Have u tried a factory data reset

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Do you have drivers installed? What usb mode do you have your phone on when hooked up to computer?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I had same issue when rooting mine. Try connecting with the camera mode. Let us know.

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
Yes, I have updated the drivers and no results.

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
Have u tried a factory data reset

Sent from my DROID BIONIC ( ICS 232) using Droid Forums

No, but I assumed the phone had just been factory reset before I received it. It was factory refurbished...

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Interesting. I fought with mine also but it eventually went through.
Not saying you don't know what your doing but you do have the folder extracted from the zip right?

OP
jack2402

jack2402

Reaction score
Interesting. I fought with mine also but it eventually went through.
Not saying you don't know what your doing but you do have the folder extracted from the zip right?

I think so. I clicked extract→ browse→ desktop. I then ran it and it never gets passed "daemon started successfully."

eye_dea

Reaction score
In phone settings: you have checked "usb debugging" and from "unknown sources"? Then plug into back port of pc. Then run razr_edge run.bat file.