how scratch-resistant is gorilla glass?

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Thanks Infiniti87, other than removing my entire anti-glare coating, do you have any suggestions for me to remove my circular swirly scratch? I am open to suggestions. Thanks

Nope nothing you can really do about it now. Some electronics repair shops are able to fix scratches on the screen but I'm not sure how that works with an anti glare coating. I used to use toothpaste to fix small scratches on old phone screens and CD's but I wouldn't try it with the Bionics anti glare coating.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

McGyver777

Reaction score
About skinomi screen protector: Go to their site and fill out the form including your Amazon order number. It will happen fast then...got my new upgraded version in no time...for free!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

McGyver777

Reaction score
Search YouTube for installation video as there is a good/easy way and the "unlearned with tons of bubbles" way.

Walkman666

Reaction score
Got my Steinheil (SGP) ultra crystal yesterday, and applied it. My scratches are far less noticeable. Cool. Of course, there's those two dang tiny bubble I cannot get out...I may have to remove and use the second film to get a perfect application.

jhom

Reaction score
Got my Steinheil (SGP) ultra crystal yesterday, and applied it. My scratches are far less noticeable. Cool. Of course, there's those two dang tiny bubble I cannot get out...I may have to remove and use the second film to get a perfect application.

Did you get a redesigned one with additional cutouts for the proximity sensor?

Walkman666

Reaction score
Ah, I think it's covered. Now that I have done some research, figures. I have re-ordered, and sent SGP an email asking for a credit. SGP said they will exchange the old with the newly designed protector. I am fine with that.

Last edited:

idk5

Reaction score
The one weakness I have noticed with gorilla glass is dropping your phone on a corner

Like others have said before on my d1 I beat the crap out of it but the only time the screen broke was when I dropped it straight on its corner, sad day. But I put a screen protector on my bionic

Swyped at light speed using the Bionic

tbell6

Reaction score
I wore much edge paint off my D1 carrying it in my pocket w/o screen protector never any scratches on screen.

I started using protector ok my Bionic after it's first scratch.

Seems to me Bionic glass not as good as what the D1 had.

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
I hate screen protectors what's the point in having smooth glass if you gonna put something on it. What's the point UN having a nice looking thin phone if your gonna add a case on it?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Its quite durable although like others stated, the gorilla glass on the OG Droid is more tolerant to abrasion than other devices. I have tried to scratch my OG with various objects and the screen remains true to design, my X has a few micro scratches from sand/dirt from general use.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
My D1 has been dropped on the tile floor at the grocery store about a half a dozen times.

Bounced down 2 flights of stairs knocking off the battery door and battery when it popped out of my body glove case which I didn't bother to use after this as the body glove case made it impossible to use on my docks unless I constantly pulled the droid in and out of the case which made the little clips useless for holding my droid.

And it also did a nose dive out of my shirt pocket on a loading dock.

Some scratches and dings on the sides of my droid but the glass has surprisingly held up ... not a scratch on it.

I hope my next phone holds up as well as this one has for me.

rvcjew

Reaction score
the droid 3 and droid bionic have gorilla glass but they also have an anti glare coating that's what you guys are scratching.