How much have you used?

DavidM.

Reaction score
I'm 10 days in and have used between 4 and 5 gigs. That's pretty light though.

77Pat

Reaction score
Only 3g, but I used between 2-4GB when commuting by train (netflix+ pandora). Right now around 1Gb since I am staying around home (run errands by bike /walk and my battery usually runs out).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

msengul

Reaction score
I use not even a gig... i have wifi though

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
R

Regulator

Reaction score
Yeah well I just moved into this new place and the tower is literally right next to my complex. So I decided to not get dedicated internet servoce and just root my bionic and the wifes thunderbolt then use wifi tether. Been working nicely, I just changed my bionic software and forgot to disable verizons handset side throttling so.on LTE with full bars I was rocking less than 3g speeds. The. I realized my error and disabled throttling now im back to downloading torrents at 1.6MB/s. Sitting at @12 GB right now and my cyle just restarted on the 28th

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Fwiw, supposedly vzw doesn't throttle 4g...... don't laugh... seriously...... stop laughing....... don't drink that and laugh......... see.... now it came out of your nose..... feel better :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
R

Regulator

Reaction score
Fwiw, supposedly vzw doesn't throttle 4g...... don't laugh... seriously...... stop laughing....... don't drink that and laugh......... see.... now it came out of your nose..... feel better :)

Well for them not throttling me, the speeds sure did indicate they were. Then after disabling the throttle im magically back in action, pages dont lag to load anymore.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well for them not throttling me, the speeds sure did indicate they were. Then after disabling the throttle im magically back in action, pages dont lag to load anymore.

I honestly don't know. I hear ya though. There are days when my device shows 4g and it seems more like 1x

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I use about 1gb/month. Right now I am at 1.6gb because I was trying to kill the battery on my Maxx down to 15% with Netflix. Most I've hit was just over 2gb doing the same thing a few months ago on the X2. Best speed test so far has been 15 down and 5 up.

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
For me, in a month, over 30g, but mostly netflix. The HDMI cable with unlimited is awesome. I can consume 2g in 90 minutes with netflix, and before you call me the "problem", consider verizon sold me this plan years ago, it was not a choice, but a mandate, and I will continue to use it as I see fit, until I no longer can.