How do I root my phone?

GPYoung

Reaction score
Try not to bury me here guys.......I am sure there is a plethora of information out there on this but wanted a fresh perspective.
I am pretty proficient, but want to do this properly and, hopefully, easily....
FYI I have matty's 215 leak installed if that makes any difference.

Thanks,
Geoff

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Razr Utility version 1.8 or 1.81 will get you rooted.

Version 1.8 is in the hacks sections but 1.81 is only posted over at Droidrzr.com

Download and extract the utility fully plug your phone in on MTP or Camera mode and hit option 2 and let is do it's thing.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks sydman, will that affect future ota's? Rooting I mean.

Thanks,
Geoff

You can use Voodoo Rootkeeper to protect root, and it will also unroot your phone when you need to take an OTA, and re-root your phone after the OTA ... you can install it from the same utility. :)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's my boys!! :icon_ banana:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Nice to see things still working so smoothly. I know you are actually jstafford's "team" - you, Tis, Sydman, , bsweetness and ovelayer, but as far as I'm concerned, you , 94lt1, Tis, Sydman & bsweetness are part of MY SPECIAL team. You guys/gal have been tremendous all along but have really impressed me in these past few weeks since your inductions into staff. I'm very proud.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nice to see things still working so smoothly. I know you are actually jstafford's "team" - you, Tis, Sydman, , bsweetness and ovelayer, but as far as I'm concerned, you , 94lt1, Tis, Sydman & bsweetness are part of MY SPECIAL team. You guys/gal have been tremendous all along but have really impressed me in these past few weeks since your inductions into staff. I'm very proud.

Awwwww shucks! :redface:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Doing what we can to make this the one stop shop for Android anything :)

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
I will second the motion that this forum, specifically the razr section is beyond awesome. I have no patience for forums where any sniping or boorish behavior of any sort occurs. Cheers to you each and all for making this THE place to look for logical, insightful, and relevant answers!

Thanks,
Geoff

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
Sydman said:
Razr Utility version 1.8 or 1.81 will get you rooted.

Version 1.8 is in the hacks sections but 1.81 is only posted over at Droidrzr.com

Download and extract the utility fully plug your phone in on MTP or Camera mode and hit option 2 and let is do it's thing.

And, I assume also install voodoo as well so that I can un root as needed?

Thanks,
Geoff

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have VooDoo installed, good program or keeping root while doing an OTA update.

OP
GPYoung

GPYoung

Reaction score
Sydman said:
I have VooDoo installed, good program or keeping root while doing an OTA update.

Right, as I understand it sydman, voodoo allows one to unroot for ota, and then re root back after ota...is that correct?

Thanks,
Geoff