Boot Animation Sound

wolfe69

Reaction score
I have a Droid Razr, rooted and running the .215 leak. I wanted to increase the boot animation sound so I installed the modified droidhd.ogg file. It worked great, then I decided I wanted to be able to adjust the volume on it as it was just a little too loud. I couldn't find what I was looking for so I figured for the time being I would go back to the stock boot sound. In my folly I deleted the droidhd.ogg file before I installed another one. Now the file is there but there is no sound.

How do I fix this, or can I fix this?

jaybogg

Reaction score
I have a Droid Razr, rooted and running the .215 leak. I wanted to increase the boot animation sound so I installed the modified droidhd.ogg file. It worked great, then I decided I wanted to be able to adjust the volume on it as it was just a little too loud. I couldn't find what I was looking for so I figured for the time being I would go back to the stock boot sound. In my folly I deleted the droidhd.ogg file before I installed another one. Now the file is there but there is no sound.

How do I fix this, or can I fix this?

I am not an expert on this but lucky for for you, there are 2 experts on this forum, FoxKat and MattyP. They were deeply involved in the modification project. I believe it went something like this: another person did the work on the initial changes to the graphic and FoxKat and MattyP integrated it into the boot animation. Anyways, be patient I am sure one of them will see your post and hook you up with the file you need.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
wolfe69

wolfe69

Reaction score
I followed the link and read the post. I checked the desc.txt file and everything was there that they mentioned (i.e. s droidhd.ogg). I took the next logical step and checked the mobility folder and the droidhd.ogg file was missing there. I copied it from the /system/media folder and pasted it in. No changes were made to permissions or anything. I rebooted and had my sound back. Not sure why it worked as everything I saw said the droidhd.ogg permissions had to be modified but it did.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
wolfe69 said:
I followed the link and read the post. I checked the desc.txt file and everything was there that they mentioned (i.e. s droidhd.ogg). I took the next logical step and checked the mobility folder and the droidhd.ogg file was missing there. I copied it from the /system/media folder and pasted it in. No changes were made to permissions or anything. I rebooted and had my sound back. Not sure why it worked as everything I saw said the droidhd.ogg permissions had to be modified but it did.

Can't remember exactly......but I think that's the step I took to fix the problem. Either way, thanks for posting.....and I'm glad it worked out!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So I'M the WITCH DOCTOR?? :blink: Guys, that's not a Lab Coat I'm wearing :angry: ..it's a Graduation Cap & GOWN!! :icon_ devil:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Interesting... We (MattyP & I) didn't play with the "Mobility" folder, only the /system/media folder. Re-reading the OP, weren't you in need of the STOCK droidhg.ogg (isn't that the one you forgot to save)?

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
FoxKat said:
So I'M the WITCH DOCTOR?? :blink: Guys, that's not a Lab Coat I'm wearing :angry: ..it's a Graduation Cap & GOWN!! :icon_ devil:

:) glad to see you back Fox! Hope all's alright

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Then why am I single? LOL :blink:

:) glad to see you back Fox! Hope all's alright

Thanks so much. I've been sick for a while. Terrible cold. One day I was fine...next I couldn't breathe, burning in the back of my nasal passages, post nasal drip, my entire FACE and JAW in pain, my chest felt like a 20 pound weight was sitting on it, and my entire body was weak. I thought it was a Flu, but no fever.

I am feeling half-myself...literally - the left half is out of commission, the right half is clear.

I am no where near over this thing.

Again, thanks for the kind wishes.