Boot animation volume

clayrebel

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone know how I can increase the volume on the razr boot animation?
When I first bought the phone, i remember the volumes being louder.
Now I can barely hear it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Mine too! Anyone? Seems like I saw this setting somewhere...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine too! Anyone? Seems like I saw this setting somewhere...

Lol dang..I thought i was going crazy...lol Definitely noticed. But honestly for me its okay. Because if I'm at work and want to reboot I won't have to worry. But I'm sure there is a way. I just only remember adding the. ogg file to the boot animation long ago on a couple other devices. I remember having to kill one of them as the thunderbolt animation would be full throttle and my phone was having random reboot. Lol

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!

SallyC

Reaction score
Mine's definitely not as loud either. But I don't know where that is set or why it's not as loud as it was.

Good question. Maybe some guru has the answer. My phone's not rooted so the answer has to be stock.

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Bump up to top.... this is bugging me for some reason. I swear it seems like I was asked about the boot volume setting when i first turned the phone on.... hmmmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bump up to top.... this is bugging me for some reason. I swear it seems like I was asked about the boot volume setting when i first turned the phone on.... hmmmmm

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Mine did not. Unless I missed it? Of course i was arguing with Verizon staff about letting me be the one to turn it on when i got home as i wanted to charge it before activating it. Glad I did as my battery rocks! Still, no memory of any volume whatsoever including any boot animation volume upon first boot. But I would not be saying it does not prompt. Now I want to reset to see! Lol

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Mine did not. Unless I missed it? Of course i was arguing with Verizon staff about letting me be the one to turn it on when i got home as i wanted to charge it before activating it. Glad I did as my battery rocks! Still, no memory of any volume whatsoever including any boot animation volume upon first boot. But I would not be saying it does not prompt. Now I want to reset to see! Lol

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!

That's funny you say that, because the Verizon rep the same to me! She took the phone out and started tearing the plastic cover off and even opened/put on my otter box! Iowa's like whooooa! Stop! Lol. I paid $300 for the phone, I wanna open it, and turn it on FIRST!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's funny you say that, because the Verizon rep the same to me! She took the phone out and started tearing the plastic cover off and even opened/put on my otter box! Iowa's like whooooa! Stop! Lol. I paid $300 for the phone, I wanna open it, and turn it on FIRST!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Lmao! They think they are doing us a favor. When i caused a scene I had people clapping in the store. And actually handed out my business card...lol they love it when i come walking in. " oh crap he's back" lol...no but really they are supposed to go through the motions with all these devices and some of them don't really keep up and i guess its just a job to them and i can understand. But its not too much to ask when you aren't new to the android device scene. But I believe they are told to do this. I didn't even let them touch it. The guy with the first Razr I got touched all over the sim. I was so pissed I told him i wanted another. The phone had many issues and returned it and this one is pretty much flawless..

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
The boot volume is louder if you have the phone up off a table or out of you hand or other surface as it uses the rear speaker. The case I have has a kickstand and it is definitely louder on the stand than laying flat on my desk.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hi guys,

Anyone know how I can increase the volume on the razr boot animation?
When I first bought the phone, i remember the volumes being louder.
Now I can barely hear it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Alright everybody, the explanation I was given was that people were disturbed by the volume level of the boot process in earlier versions of the droids, so Motorola reduced the volume to minimize the disturbance.

For me, I would rather hear it too loud than too quiet.

SallyC

Reaction score
Alright everybody, the explanation I was given was that people were disturbed by the volume level of the boot process in earlier versions of the droids, so Motorola reduced the volume to minimize the disturbance.

For me, I would rather hear it too loud than too quiet.

I don't care if it's loud, soft or silent as long as I know they did change it and I'm not going nuts! :hail:Thanks, FoxKat!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I don't care if it's loud, soft or silent as long as I know they did change it and I'm not going nuts! :hail:Thanks, FoxKat!

Well as far as the volume is concerned, I am somewhat disturbed by anything that I can barely hear. Perhaps it's a spill-over from prehistoric man, or maybe it's just the inherent feeling of "what am I missing"? Either way, it bugs me considerably. I try to avoid reboots if at all possible and when I do, I sit the phone down and walk away after starting it. This way I don't yearn to hear the boot process and find myself pasting the speaker on the back of the phone to my ear (as I have done on several occasions) and creating cabbage ear.

As for you going nuts...well I think we know the answer to that question. We just have to look at the number of your postings here and the conclusion is obvious! :rofl2: Wait... :wacko: that means I'm twice as nuts...DRATT. :icon_eek:

SallyC

Reaction score
As for you going nuts...well I think we know the answer to that question. We just have to look at the number of your postings here and the conclusion is obvious! :rofl2: Wait... :wacko: that means I'm twice as nuts...DRATT. :icon_eek:

At least twice. :wink: