How are people with the Maxx getting the update already?

jarrettgt

Reaction score
I bought the original phone the first week it came out and still have received no notification or update. This is complete BS, especially when I have been waiting months for this update to roll out. I know this is a pretty pointless post, but this is seriously starting to tick me off and it would help to know that I am not the only one who feels this way. Because seriously...it is not fair that someone who just bought the phone should get first dibs on an update that day one users have been waiting on for eons. Do I need to download the blur version and update it myself, or just wait for it to eventually come out? Also, it should be noted that I have recently moved to an area with 3G and am unsure if I will even be able to download it. Thanks.

nkfry

Reaction score
I bought the original phone the first week it came out and still have received no notification or update. This is complete BS, especially when I have been waiting months for this update to roll out. I know this is a pretty pointless post, but this is seriously starting to tick me off and it would help to know that I am not the only one who feels this way. Because seriously...it is not fair that someone who just bought the phone should get first dibs on an update that day one users have been waiting on for eons. Do I need to download the blur version and update it myself, or just wait for it to eventually come out? Also, it should be noted that I have recently moved to an area with 3G and am unsure if I will even be able to download it. Thanks.

They didn't get "first dibs" they got the soak of the OTA, the real OTA hasn't started roll out yet. I'm sure we'll see activity by the end of the week.

Caesars

Reaction score
In a nice, non trolling, respectful way. Why do you think getting the phone first means you should have first dibs? All tht means is that you had an upgrade a few months before someone else. Also, many people who have it signed UP for the MFN and increases the likelihood that they would test the potential final build. Some who got it never signed up,and this probably is an error OR they just tried a larger sample to soak test. Either way you're no better or worse compared to someone who got it, entitlement can be a ***** if you can't control it :-(.

Good day mate

Last edited:

coolbreeze704

Reaction score

I understand why you would feel frustrated but if you take some time to read a few threads you will see that technically no one has received the ICS OTA yet. What is happening is called a soak test, meaning people agreed to be guinea pigs to test ICS, that if goes well will be released to all of us within the next few days. Monday if you do not have it pushed to you you can actually pull it to your phone. So soon you will be one with ICS.

WestOkid

Reaction score
That's right. People kill me when they try to distinguish the Maxx from the OG RAZR. THEY ARE THE SAME PHONE! One is just more well endowed. :)

It's ridiculous that the Maxx has a separate thread for anything that is not battery or case related. All that does is confuse people, let valuable information slip under the radar, while promoting redundancy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Scott0719

Reaction score
I understand why you would feel frustrated but if you take some time to read a few threads you will see that technically no one has received the ICS OTA yet. What is happening is called a soak test, meaning people agreed to be guinea pigs to test ICS, that if goes well will be released to all of us within the next few days. Monday if you do not have it pushed to you you can actually pull it to your phone. So soon you will be one with ICS.

How do you pull it to your phone?

Scott0719

Reaction score
Lol I thought it would have been more complicated than that. I've been doing that for a week now. What makes you think on Monday we can do that?

rpdonald

Reaction score
I think they must be super special. They must be the RAZR owners who don't start whole entire threads to complaining about not getting something most of us still have not gotten.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually yes it has. Lots of people that werent involved in the soak have gotten the OTA.

Whenever there is a soak test, a large portion of it involves sending the OTA out to people who are NOT actually soak testers. In other words, they WERE involved, they just weren't aware of it.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Whenever there is a soak test, a large portion of it involves sending the OTA out to people who are NOT actually soak testers. In other words, they WERE involved, they just weren't aware of it.

Exactly what I was going to say. It doesn't mean the general OTA push is has officially started. It's just something that always happens during the soak test.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I guess I just assumed it was being pushed because when my friend got the OTA and freaked out calling VZW she was told the update was "rolling out".

As usual, Verizon doesn't seem to know what's going on with the update. Some Verizon reps will tell you it's rolling out, while others will tell you it's not. Motorola is who actually pushes out the update, so once Verizon has signed off on the release for soak tests, they may not have all of the first hand information on the exact dates (even though they should). So far, the only thing that has happened is the soak test, and some users who aren't a part of the soak test always get the update along with the testers.

Technically, as far as Motorola and Verizon are concerned, the soak test is a part of the roll out (that gives them some cover if the general release goes out after the end of Q2), but it's not the general roll out to everyone.