Update or wait?

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by CMDRSTP, Jul 1, 2012.

1. CaptainSS

CaptainSS Silver Member

Ratings:
    +250
    Update. Charge your battery up. Do an FDR and Download after you poured a nice cup of coffee and can just relax. ENJOY the little pleasure of a "new" tweak.
    IMO the chances of you having a problem is insignificant. I think a lot of problems are over-stated, self-inflicted or inaccurate stories (I said "a lot" NOT ALL).
    If you are stock (obviously you are) and you are going to have this phone for 2 years, Go ahead and have fun.

2. jaybogg

jaybogg Member

Ratings:
    +18
    I like the analogy of comparing it to Windows based OS's. Big difference is this one is free, MS updates run 100-200 bucks. With windows OS, you always hear grumbling about the new OS and 6 months later it is a mute issue. I updated a stock RAZR to ICS, and so far am pleased with no major issues. Bottom line is it is a phone, yet so much more. We are riding the wave of technology and these devices are truly very powerful microcomputers we carry in our pockets. To lag behind is running the risk of being left behind. As software became popular in the 80's, I concentrated on hardware and I was left behind. IMO, stay with the technology, embrace it, and enjoy it...upgrade to ICS!!:biggrin:

3. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +326
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 4
    Not with Windows 8!

Microsoft announces $39.99 Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer for most Windows users

:)

Good point though.

4. djembeman

djembeman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update to ICS! The Flash problem is what pisses me off, but losing Flash Player support is inevitable on the Android platform. This might be Motorola's way of trying to ween us off of it before it's completely gone.

5. jaybogg

jaybogg Member

Ratings:
    +18

Search tags for this page
checking available update please wait message in android

droid x checking for available update please wait

xy board says checking for available update please wait