Wow 2.1 is making people go insane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymellon4

Reaction score
I was just on facebook and wow

I cannot believe the amount of people who are freaking out over not having 2.1.....

I suggest you all go and look at Motorola's Facebook page and just read the amount of Moto bashing going on....

I am waiting for 2.1 like everyone else and i hope it comes but geez louise

You bought the phone with 2.0 so be happy that we got any updates!!!!!!!

Or is it just me:icon_eek:

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Not caring.... rooted/oc'd is better. And whatever it does bring I'm sure will be available to the dark side quickly..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
pretty much the same discussions we had on this forum today.........eris wit the update;

ew Mellon Hey thanks for making the droid......thats all i have to say

6 minutes ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · ReportWrite a comment...

Chapman Cousins Doesn't understand why Verizon/Motorola can't send STOCK 2.1 to Droid users but Verizon/HTC can manage to skin 2.1 and get it out to their devices.

about an hour ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · ReportWrite a comment...

Jon Nybakke [video=youtube;elDD2mxE4ak]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elDD2mxE4ak]YouTube - Droid Eris 2.1[/video]
Here's the video. And it's running what appears to be Live Wallpaper. Thanks MOTO/Verizon for gimping on us!

safe_image.php

Droid Eris 2.1
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Original thread can be found at AndroidForums.Com Can Android 2.1 work for the Eris - Android Forums

about an hour ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · Share · Report

Write a comment...

Brandon Bianchi AHH The DROID Eris gets 2.1 before the DROID. Guess the DROID doesnt after... the only thing it DOES is manage to continue sucking.

about an hour ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (3)Hide Feedback (3) · Report Brandon Bianchi Some Droid Eris owners getting Android 2.1 update? -- Engadget

about an hour ago · Report

Feinberg Slim Dumb. Click on your own link....next,find someone who can actually READ it to you.

Spencer Shepard Just root your phone already and stop complaining.

Write a comment...

Raj Bhatt Hearing that the HTC Droid Eris has started their 2.1 OTA today is so heartbreaking. I bought the Droid because it was supposed to be at the top of the heap. Honestly, If the update isn't ready for the Droid, then that's okay. Please, just a little more transparency. And I'm sorry, saying "soon" isn't transparent enough.

droid eris receives 2.1 update today **UPDATED** | droid life: a motorola droid blog
droid life: a motorola droid blog
A Motorola Droid site bringing you tips, tricks, apps, tutorials, pictures, videos, and feedback. We are loving life with Android!

about an hour ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · Share · Report

Write a comment...

Jerry Rubin To Motorola: Will you kindly tell me when the 2.1 operating is coming out for the Droid?

3 hours ago · Comment · LikeUnlike · View Feedback (4)Hide Feedback (4) · Report
Chuck Rossetti And it's not the 2.1 "operating system" ... it's just the 2.1 update for android 2.0

3 hours ago · Report

Jason Wilson I hear the 2.1 update for android is coming in the 2nd qtr of 2010 now. I got my note from the toothfairy lastnight.

2 hours ago · Report

Write a comment...

patriot839

Reaction score
the reason people are so frusterated is not because they dont have it its because motorola said they would have it by now and all the other misinformation and all around confusion not to mention the lack of information the NOT KNOWING is whats killing people

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
People are overreacting, natural tendencies

But anyway, yes I agree with you OP, I think people are too impatient on 2.1 If I were you, I would actually root. IMO the Smoked Glass theme blows the 2.1 home out of the water.

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I already tried all the 2.1 features and ROMs and the lastest 2.0.1 Bugless Beast V0.7.6 is way better and faster . The only thing that 2.1 has is live wallpapers , and those won't even be included in the official release . We already have more stuff than the official 2.1 ROM will have , like OC and WIFI . The only thing that can make me switch to the official 2.1 is if they fix the low light video issue .

anuraj1

Reaction score
I'm Raj Bhatt. That's funny that you copied and pasted my comment off facebook haha. I have been waiting for 2.1 for so long at this point, that I just want some sort of explanation. I don't care if it isn't ready, and I don't need a concrete date. I just want to know why it isn't out.

Edit: I am rooted, and I love it. I just think that as customers that have paid top dollar for our devices, a level of transparency that is at least equal to other manufacturers like HTC isn't too much to ask. My complaint is that its just a matter of principal.

speed4tu

Reaction score
I cant understand it either. Why can't folks just use the phone phone like it is. It isn't like 2.1 is going to bring about a whole new phone.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IMO, rooted droids look much better (2.1 is mostly about aesthetics anyway). People should root

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm Raj Bhatt. That's funny that you copied and pasted my comment off facebook haha. I have been waiting for 2.1 for so long at this point, that I just want some sort of explanation. I don't care if it isn't ready, and I don't need a concrete date. I just want to know why it isn't out.

After the hype and no deliver, motorola is probably gonna keep a lid on everything until its time to push button to send it to vzw so they can send out the ota.

VIRominoff

Reaction score
The phone isn't even bad on 2.0.1

I rooted and ROM'ed because that's what I do when I'm bored. I mod the closest gadget to me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
IMO, rooted droids look much better (2.1 is mostly about aesthetics anyway). People should root

True to what you say what rooting can do; but rooting is not for every one. Rooting is not an end all solution, and you have to research and understand what it entails. The problem is some people do not want to do the research, they root, and then wants the phone freezes or don't wake up.....they freak out. Even the sholesmod app is not perfect. I will tell every one who root whether through sholes or bb........research; it is your device and since you paid for it, you need to know what is going on.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cannot believe the amount of people who are freaking out over not having 2.1.....
I'm not surprised. A lot of people are very self-entitled and impatient (and not just about Android updates for the Droid). Obviously it's a very simple matter to get 2.1 working reliably for the Droid. Who would know better than people that know nothing about the process? Motorola is holding out just to annoy everyone. :icon_rolleyes:

It will come when it comes. I don't see the point in getting all worked up about it. It won't make Motorola complete their work any faster/better. It won't make the wait feel any shorter.

I'm not looking forward to the inevitable tide of complaints from those who have built-up their expectations for 2.1 once it is released.

Big Cam

Reaction score
The general population of the world is dumb as a whole. Which is why these people are all overreacting. A few people start a rant and everyone joins, even if they aren't as upset or even care.

So my reason for people being so upset on facebook over something so silly is because people are dumb.

huskur

Reaction score
I am ready to root and need the update.zip file. Can someone post a link for me. I have done a quick search but i hate to go through tons of reading to find one little answer.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.