Update or wait?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Update. Charge your battery up. Do an FDR and Download after you poured a nice cup of coffee and can just relax. ENJOY the little pleasure of a "new" tweak.
IMO the chances of you having a problem is insignificant. I think a lot of problems are over-stated, self-inflicted or inaccurate stories (I said "a lot" NOT ALL).
If you are stock (obviously you are) and you are going to have this phone for 2 years, Go ahead and have fun.

jaybogg

Reaction score
I like the analogy of comparing it to Windows based OS's. Big difference is this one is free, MS updates run 100-200 bucks. With windows OS, you always hear grumbling about the new OS and 6 months later it is a mute issue. I updated a stock RAZR to ICS, and so far am pleased with no major issues. Bottom line is it is a phone, yet so much more. We are riding the wave of technology and these devices are truly very powerful microcomputers we carry in our pockets. To lag behind is running the risk of being left behind. As software became popular in the 80's, I concentrated on hardware and I was left behind. IMO, stay with the technology, embrace it, and enjoy it...upgrade to ICS!!:biggrin:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I like the analogy of comparing it to Windows based OS's. Big difference is this one is free, MS updates run 100-200 bucks. With windows OS, you always hear grumbling about the new OS and 6 months later it is a mute issue. I updated a stock RAZR to ICS, and so far am pleased with no major issues. Bottom line is it is a phone, yet so much more. We are riding the wave of technology and these devices are truly very powerful microcomputers we carry in our pockets. To lag behind is running the risk of being left behind. As software became popular in the 80's, I concentrated on hardware and I was left behind. IMO, stay with the technology, embrace it, and enjoy it...upgrade to ICS!!:biggrin:

Not with Windows 8!

Microsoft announces $39.99 Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer for most Windows users

:)

Good point though.

djembeman

Reaction score
Update to ICS! The Flash problem is what pisses me off, but losing Flash Player support is inevitable on the Android platform. This might be Motorola's way of trying to ween us off of it before it's completely gone.

jaybogg

Reaction score
Not with Windows 8!

Microsoft announces $39.99 Windows 8 Pro upgrade offer for most Windows users

:)

I did notice it says for "most" windows users and it is a limited time offer and then they will jack the price. Better than most their upgrades though. Hopefully they are learning and won't go the way of "Big Blue"(IBM), who had the market in PC's and lost it through exorbitant pricing.

Google does put out good products but I always have a "big brother" fear of them, probably because of the attitude of companies such as IBM, Microsoft, and apple to name a few.

As far as the OP's original question, as long as he doesn't have a "can't live without" Gingerbread feature such using his phone as a data feed to watch TV or something else, I still say, UPGRADE!!