HOLY random reboots!!!!

jimmiem

Reaction score
Prior to the leaked RUU update I had one random reboot in the few weeks I owned my TB. After the update it was 1-3 a day that I know of.

Doing a Clockwork restore to before the update did not fix the problem. I had to actually flash the original stock image and wife doing so everything seems back to normal.

DroidStang

Reaction score
Mine rebooted yesterday, but what I was doing was unplugging headphones same time I was turning off FM Radio app, then noticed had no key tones when tried to dial a number and that was when booted..Stock here!

Reaction score
My TBolt has never rebooted on it's own; at least not while I was using it. I'm running the stock ROM and not rooted. Keep in mind this is still a relatively new phone so there may be some bugginess to the custom ROMs.

Hateslinger

Reaction score
I've had reboots on several different types of roms. I've also had reboots running the latest radio leak along with different radio combinations. I'm going to stay in CDMA prl for a while and see if I get any more. I'm betting the reboots are a result of the frequency on the 4g network.

Last edited:

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Mine has had nothing to do with the LTE as I wasnt in a 4g area so I was in CDMA auto PRL all the time..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
1android

1android

Reaction score
I'm in portland, OR where we dont even have 4G LTE yet and i get 4-6 reboots a day. I'm rooted on the bamf remix. So I doubt it has anything to do with the LTE

ndhill1976

Reaction score
I am rooted with a the stock ROM, and I have never had a reboot before or after root.

My suggestion is to return to stock unrooted and if you are still getting reboots, take it back and get another phone. You don't want to deal with random reboots for 2 years.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Mine seems to be more often when using Bluetooth... music or calls.. its making that the next 4G phone look even better... just not Samsung

sent from my unlocatable rebootin' Tbolt

Skybill

Reaction score
I'm in portland, OR where we dont even have 4G LTE yet and i get 4-6 reboots a day. I'm rooted on the bamf remix. So I doubt it has anything to do with the LTE

You'd be surprised how much 4G LTE is actually up in the PDX area!

It hasn't been officially released yet, but as they get the cell sites converted, they are turning them up.

Go out to Cascade Station by the airport...Works great there! I'm in East Vancouver and I get it fairly well at my house.

It's coming!!!!!

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Mine has had nothing to do with the LTE as I wasnt in a 4g area so I was in CDMA auto PRL all the time..

That's good to know. I had really thought it was completely due to transitioning from 4g-3g that may have caused the sporadic reboots. If you were in CDMA PRL and still managed to get some reboots, then I can't imagine what the problem is. Are you rooted?

Natey2

Reaction score
Last edited:

lazarus2297

Reaction score

That's good to know. I had really thought it was completely due to transitioning from 4g-3g that may have caused the sporadic reboots. If you were in CDMA PRL and still managed to get some reboots, then I can't imagine what the problem is. Are you rooted?

No... bone stock I will eventually root it's just that i recently got a new laptop and have installed all the ADB stuff..

borq646

Reaction score
I had one yesterday. Non rooted, stock. Was switching to a screen in foursquare on LTE. No OTA yet for me. Have had the phone since end of March.

DrewB

Reaction score
I called Verizon and asked them about the random reboot I was having and they decided just to ship me a new phone. Was on the line with em for 10min and they were just like "ya let's just get u a new one"

S

scrub175

Question to those with random reboots... What does your text message inbox look like? I've noticed the more messages or messages with higher counts bogs down the sms and phone speed. When I empty my inbox reboots tend to be less frequent. Results may vary.

Sent from my TBolt using Tapatalk...