hmmm

Derek32

Reaction score
Okay so I have the droid2 right now and love it and don't love it. I can't quite place why I don't really ike it but im considering switching to the fascinate. I know about the whole
Bing thing. Which one do u guys think is better? Also with the fascinate are there different touchscreen keyboards to download?

Will it have froyo soon?

Im within my 30 days so I can pay 35 bucks and switch.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bing really does kinda suck...I was thinking "it can't be that bad" but I compared the Fascinate w/the DX/D2 and the search results and map/nav on Google phones is just superior.

That said, if you root you can likely get everything back to "normal" via custom ROMs...the Fascinate seems like pretty nice hardware, and the screen is vibrant.

One thing - it's pretty big - as big as the DX, but with a 4" rather than 4.3" screen...if you're willing to have a phone that large, you gotta look at the DX...very active community, very nice phone itself.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
i was looking at the DX but i just didnt like itt that much. i narrowed t down to the D2 and the fascinate. i got the D2 but when they were trying to fix it at the stoere i played with the fascinate and the X for over an hour and i really like the fascinatethe thing i didnt like is the fact that its a samsung and i havent had too good of luck with samsung (or lg) but because its an android it seemed really nice. i know that with rooting you can get google but i dont really use google much i just go on websites. with rooting i can get google though. i just havent been too impressed by my D2. its had multiple problems and im getitng tiried of rerooting and the battery life sucks(not too big of a deal)

i dont like the touch screen keyboard too much(the color and shape of keys lol i didnt like the "look"of it. can u download new ones?

is the homescreen thing and personization the same on the facinate and droid 2?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Derek, if you are considering a switch go to VZW and spend an hour with the Fascinate.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
i did i plalyed with it for an hour while they were fixing my droid2.

there are thing i like and dislike about both phones. they need to make ONE reallyyyy good VZW phone lol

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Phones are like users they have different personalities so I doubt that will happen! :)

Mike

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
the only thing i like better about the D2 is the physical keyboard but im sure its easy to get used to a touch screen keyboard and the factthat it has google

i like the screen and look of the phone SO much better on the fascinate.

i hatre when sliders get loose it just bothers the heck outa me.

eventually the fascinate will have google but arent samsungs really cheap?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Years ago, my wife had a Samsung flip. It was a very solid phone. My youngest son has had two Samsung phone and sends countless text messages. He has not had any issues. Have you checked the Fascinate section in the forum?

Mike

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
ive been enjoying using the touch s creen keyboard on my D2 but what bothers me is that if want the home screen to be sideways the phone had to be slid open and that bothers the heck outta me.

pool_shark

Reaction score
ive been enjoying using the touch s creen keyboard on my D2 but what bothers me is that if want the home screen to be sideways the phone had to be slid open and that bothers the heck outta me.

That bothered me too, so I installed launcher pro.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
I downloaded the launcher and I now love this phone. Im going to keep it lol. One problem though. When a new text message comes in and it pops up on the screen for a quick reply it shows the same message every time I have to close it and open the app to read the new message. Like if one person sayshey then for all the messages after that no matter who its from it always shows that" hey" message from that one person. I've tried rebooting.

Detonation

Reaction score
Years ago, my wife had a Samsung flip. It was a very solid phone. My youngest son has had two Samsung phone and sends countless text messages. He has not had any issues. Have you checked the Fascinate section in the forum?

Mike

I'll vouch for samsung as well. Had that dual flip Samsung phone for two years prior to getting a droid and passed it onto my mom who still uses it now. I've also owned a number of other various Samsung products (tv, monitors, and home theater components among other things) and had nothing but good experiences. One of the most reliable brands out there IMO.

I downloaded the launcher and I now love this phone. Im going to keep it lol. One problem though. When a new text message comes in and it pops up on the screen for a quick reply it shows the same message every time I have to close it and open the app to read the new message. Like if one person sayshey then for all the messages after that no matter who its from it always shows that" hey" message from that one person. I've tried rebooting.

Handcent on my Inc does the same thing if the message isn't marked as read or closed from the previous pop up. Not sure if it works the same way with the fascinate messaging app though.

Last edited: