droid 2-fascinate

Derek32

Reaction score
anybody here switch form the droid 2 to the fascinate?

im considering this but i willreally miss the stupid stuff like the notification light and the fact that it sayts google on the back of the phone lol.

im quite anal about my phones i cant stand when something doesnt work right or gets a small scratch or something.

anybody regret changing?and certain reason?

HollidayK

Reaction score
Yeah I switched from the Droid 2 to the Fascinate. I do miss the physical keyboard sometimes. I never used the notification light much so I don't really miss that. The Fascinate is a lot lighter and I can actually keep my phone comfortably in my pocket now. The Droid 2 felt like a tiny brick. To be honest, having Bing doesn't bother me much. Just make a Google bookmark and tap that... its that simple. If I could do it over again I would probably keep the Droid...Its just something about having a "real" Droid that I liked. Much like bikers prefer Harley Davidson's over the foreign variants. The Fascinate is buggy but I'm sure those will work out overtime. Of course the colors are better but to be honest, unless you're comparing both phones side by side you won't really notice anything...

Yeah I'm no phone reviewer or anything. I'm sure the experts will come on and tell you about the hardware differences and whatnot but honestly, its about what phone suits you. I like TouchWiz... I just hope they work out the bugs.

OP
D

Derek32

Reaction score
I am posting this from my new fascinate I made the switch I got to say i really like this phone. I know what you mean by the “having a real droid thong but at leaat thisis still an android lol

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
The android os is want made the droid in the first place. If they came out with the fascinate first and put as much money into advertising it as they did droid you would be saying the same thing but saying you liked having a real fascinate. I hear people all they time say they want a droid and when you ask if they want a droid or android phone they say...what do you mean....then I start my rant lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ohfire

Reaction score
I switched from the Droid 2 to the Fascinate and I don't regret it yet. It will be 3 weeks Thursday and no real complaints. The battery life on the fascinate is great for me and I never used the physical keyboard. Still no 2.2, but that is ok for me as well. Both are good phones, it is all about what makes you happy!
Good luck on your decision

OB1J3D1

Reaction score
I switched from the Droid to the Fascinate and I will not go back. I do miss my notification light but there's an app for that. Also, I prefer unlocking the screen with whatever it is that I missed instead of unlocking, going to the notification panel and then getting to my missed call or message.

Both great phones but I like the Fascinate better.

HTH