"Fascinated" by verizons excuse about my screen

Discover

Reaction score
Thursday i noticed 3 horizontal lines on the lower half of my screen.. then today small circles started showing up. i run down to verizon and talk to someone in the repair department.

Tech: "i dont see anything wrong with your screen"
Me: i know its there. here look at it like this way.
Tech: "im not seeing it. if something was wrong with your screen you would be having pixel issues, Let me get my manager."

Manager:" let me get a screen wipe. oh you mean these two lines?"
Me: Yes.
Manager: "its because you have it in this hard case. the screen itself isnt damaged, because i can feel something sticking my finger so its on the outside of the screen.."
Me: ive had it in this case since the lady here put it on for me last weekend.
Manager: "i noticed you removed the red sticker from the inside of the belt holster, im not going to replace your phone because we always offer screen protectors when we sell new phones. by not having a screen protector you got sticker residue on the outside of the screen and im positive some goo gone will remove it."
Me: ok

I just leave the store because this isnt the case. just because you are a manger at verizon doesnt make you a wonder boy all knowing expert on all things mobile. i know my screen is toast. so ill have to go else where.. im almost tempted at this point to just tell big red to stick it up their :icon_ banana:, and go to sprint. first with the whole eris devour trade for my stolen droid. now sticky stuff on my screen cause i was to stupid to buy a screen protector?

i have included a picture of the "sticky tape" from my case. you be the judge.

Tape? or screen damage?

it should also be noted that i never dropped the phone. banged it on anything i just noticed yesterday that in the right light somethign is terribly wrong.

bwhite757

Reaction score
Well in the picture it does look like external markings from something, maybe not your case, but hard to say with just a pic.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Yeah its hard to see exactly what's the issue, have you tried using like adhesive remover or something to see if it goes away? Yeah just because they have the title manager, they automatically think that makes them mobile engineers, some are good managers some are just plain ol dumb

Last edited:
OP
Discover

Discover

Reaction score
Yeah its hard to see exactly what's the issue, have you tried using like adhesive remover or something to see if it goes away? Yeah just because they have the title manager, they automatically think that makes them mobile engineers, some are good managers some are just plain ol dumb

Ive used rubbing alcohol, goo gone, glass cleaner and nothing has worked. its obvious that the screen is defective if you can view it in person..

i dunno what to do.. ill just go down there tomorrow and insist on a insurance swap. (then again... asurion might try to give me a BB tour as a replacement.. lol)

CouchSpud

Reaction score
Try a different Verizon store. There must be more than a few in your town. You'll find some managers aren't as douchebaggy(?) as others.

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
its deff. underneath the glass, have them swap it out, that's why i "NEVER" deal with verizon in-store services...

pays off having a biz acct. dancedroid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon. Tell a CSR that you are having screen issues. They will have a new one FedEx out to you by the next business day.

It's always better to deal with a phone CSR in these type of issues then the store.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Call Verizon. Tell a CSR that you are having screen issues. They will have a new one FedEx out to you by the next business day.

It's always better to deal with a phone CSR in these type of issues then the store.
What Hook said - call *611 (800-922-0204), be CALM and speak to the rep. Let them know about the screen. I would not mention you were at the store and the almighty manager made a proclamation already. They cannot refuse to return something because you didn't use a screen protector that they suggested at the store. That is not part of the terms and conditions of owning a VZW phone. The only thing is, the store may have put a note in your file that you were at the store. So, unless it is mentioned to you, tell them about the defective screen and a replacement should be sent out to you. The key to all of this is to remain calm, don't be a boisterous make a scene type of person. It appears by the way you handled the store manager, you are a calm person which is good. :)

ohfire

Reaction score
The only fear I have with dealing with CSR, is you get a "remanufactured, like new" device. I received two for a toasted Droid 1 last month and they were both junk.

Good luck

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only fear I have with dealing with CSR, is you get a "remanufactured, like new" device. I received two for a toasted Droid 1 last month and they were both junk.

Good luck
Yes, read your warranty information, it will be a certified like new device unless within the first 30 days of activation. I have had good luck overall with these replacement devices. It's either put up with the screen, or try to get a replacement under warranty. It's their choice to put up with it or try a CLNR.

ricks

Reaction score
I would not have left the store until they replaced that phone. It blows my mind that a person would let them do that. Go back to that store with your big boy pants on and demand some service and get your phone replaced.

Signum

Reaction score
I would not have left the store until they replaced that phone. It blows my mind that a person would let them do that. Go back to that store with your big boy pants on and demand some service and get your phone replaced.

and, in my store, making demands is the first way to NOT get what you want.

if anything, you MIGHT leave with what you are entitled to, but i am not going out of my way to help you.

or, you'll leave empty handed, same way you walked in.

OP
Discover

Discover

Reaction score

Big boy pants? In my experience with managers demanding and making a scene makes things worse. I went throught his hoops went home tried what he said, took that picture went back the next day and showed him that there was no way it was any form of adhesive. He agreed with me and replaced my phone in the store.

I got a brand new phone. The others are right he could have told me to call customer service and I would have got a refurb.

ricks

Reaction score

and, in my store, making demands is the first way to NOT get what you want.

if anything, you MIGHT leave with what you are entitled to, but i am not going out of my way to help you.

or, you'll leave empty handed, same way you walked in.

With the situation he had with his phone having the screen problem, it was clearly a defective screen. If the manager thought it was just something on the screen, he would have cleaned it himself. I would have had my new replacement on the first day there. He was entitled to get a new phone, period. Verizon managers in the stores are the biggest a-holes.