Help!!

Amber_Barbour

Reaction score
First off, I'm seriously not tech savy by any means. Secondly, I washed my phone. Not like a quick wash...like a 27 minute cycle before coming to the conclusion that I put it in the washer. Naturally, I freaked out. I removed the battery and let the phone sit outside for the whole day. The blue LCD light stayed on even when the phone was off. I was seriously suprised in came back to life. It's fully functional except for one kind of important part. I cant make calls. Let me rephrase. The call goes through, but I can hear anything and they can't hear me. I've tried putting the phone on speaker thinking that might work. No cigar. When I try and make a call, the blue light comes back on. I bought head phones with a mic. No cigar. It's weird....EVERYTHING else works. Someone please shed some light on this for me. I'm two months away from an upgrade and I don't want to shell out the money to get a new phone. If there is anything anyone can help me with that would be great! I washed it saturday, so it's been almost a week.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Dear Amber, a day outside may not have been nearly enough time to fully dry out. There could still be water wick'd under one or more surface mount components and shorting out contacts related to the audio amplifier.

It's suggested to allow the phones to rest for at least 24, if not 48 hours in a bag of rice after haven been wet. The rice will leech the moisture out of the phone. Also before placing in rice, try to shake out as much water as you can.

Make sure to remove the battery and back cover before placing in rice and don't replace it until after the rice treatment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2