LED light notifications

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by JonKyu, Jan 8, 2010.

1. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really love the LED light notification, it allows me to give my phone a quick glance and see if I get a new e-mail, text message, twidroid post, missed call, etc...What I noticed is that if I get a new e-mail (blinks green), then get a twidroid update notification (blinks blue) it never blinks green again. It's not a really big deal but if I get a missed call (blinks red) then get a twidroid update right after...I'm not really going to know I got a missed call until I turn on the device. I was wondering if there was a way to make the LED notification light alternate blinking, like blink red then blink blue. That way I know I got a missed call and can respond to it right away rather than ignoring it because I think it's just a twidroid update. Anyone know of a way to do this?

Also, I'm still on my quest to find a protective pouch for my droid (my old iPod video case is starting to fall apart, and I want something a little more protective). I've seen the Sena Elega (I like it but hate the little belt clip, I put my phone in my pocket), I like the Sena Kutu (but it looks kinda flimsy) also none of these come for the droid but heard the iPhone version still fits it nicely. Anyone know of a combination of the two, that maybe also allows me to see the LED light? Appreciate any help!

#1 JonKyu, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  2. uscjoel

uscjoel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what app are you using to change the LED color? Im looking for an app that allows you to just change colors.

3. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,634
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    i don't recall seeing an app that just changes the LED colors. I use handcent, so i just change my colors for texts.

4. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's called "missed call" in the market right now the selection is a bit limited but you can change the color of the LED light notification and it's freeeeee... really love maybe I could contact the developer and see if it would be possible to code into the app somehow.

5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Missed Call app lets you change LED colors, rings ect for various actions/notifications. It's supposed to let you change the LED duration(s) but that doesn't work for the Droid yet. But it's still functional.

6. NickWgnr

NickWgnr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The missed call app allows you to change the LED color for calls/texts.

Wagner :motdroidvert:

7. Shad0w325

Shad0w325 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is the LED light supposed to blink red after a missed call by default or do you have a separate application? I get a notification in the bar, but there is no light.

8. uscjoel

uscjoel Member

Ratings:
    +0

No, it doesnt blink red...you have to either get handcent or missed call to change colors. I didnt really like handcent because I like my msg's the way they are set up currently.

...Thanks I'll check out missed call.

9. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0

No, it doesnt blink red...you have to either get handcent or missed call to change colors. I didnt really like handcent because I like my msg's the way they are set up currently.

...Thanks I'll check out missed call.[/QUOTE]

does that answer your question? ;)

Edit: ok wtf, I give up! editing on swype sucks majors ballz (or maybe its editing on android that sucks :/)

#9 JonKyu, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  10. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    It's still a beta (actually not even an 'officially release' beta) so stop your complaining, lol:). But I do agree, there are several times/instances where the swype interface is less than functional. But that should change once Swpye looks to actually support the Android platform.

There is an alternative called ShapeWriter (essentially the same thing) that is VERY popular on the iPhone store but has mixed reviews on the Droid (but again, it's an early version on the Droid).

11. Mongoose

Mongoose Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Strange..been using Swype for several days now...I do my best to generate lengthy SMS/MMs/emails so I can put the program through it's paces. I had one day where my messages didn't go through the way I had entered and proofed them. That was a few days ago. I haven't experienced ANY issues since then. I love Swype and have every intention of purchasing it as soon as it's commercially available...but I'm wondering what type of problems you guys are experiencing. On my end, I think it was glitch somewhere in the VzN transmission/reception system and not necessarily the program because I also experienced the problem with the DROID SMS/MMS/email text transmissions. Thats just my gut talking...I actually don't know if such a thing is possible or not...:icon_ devil:

12. JonKyu

JonKyu Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha ha lol I know, not sure if swype will be available on the market though. I think what bothers me most us how difficult it is to select text in android vs the dressed other device up will not mention.lol

Search tags for this page
activating droid ultra led notification
droid ultra led notification light
droid ultra no txt led light

droid x led light

how can i get my phone to flash after a text or facebook not
how do i change the led color on my iphone
how to get rid of flashing light on android
how to turn on led light on droid for text message
motorola droid led light
no blinking light for text message for android ultra