help with market problem

wolf102

Reaction score
hi in running ultimate droid number 8.when i go to install an app from the market it downloads it but sticks on the install and never fully installs the app.It also does this when i am doing updates.what do I need to do to fix this?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cancel the download/update in the market and try again. This does not work?

stonephoenix

Reaction score
I have a similar problem. I installed the app Live Hold'em months ago and all has been fine until last week. Now, whenever I go to my download screen in the market, that app shows as downloading. When the download reaches 100% nothing else happens (no install attempt). I tried removing the app from my phone and finally did a full wipe and replaced the ROM, but the problem still exists! Also, when the phone first turns on the market force closes and this happens every single time. If I attempt to cancel the download, the market force closes every time.

Is this something I can even fix? How can the market maintain a problem like that even after a full wipe? Is there another way to fix this issue such as deleting and then re-installing the apps that control the market?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Settings>apps>manage apps>all>market>clear data

then try again

stonephoenix

Reaction score
Thank you so much. It looks like that did the trick. I don't understand why wiping the data and cache before installing a new ROM didn't achieve the same result...

While I'm here, I have a question. Why is it that when I apply an update.zip that's designed to install a theme with new icons, I don't get the results in the screen shots I preview? And judging from the posts I read right before downloading the theme, no one else is complaining about this, so is it my phone?

Thanks again for your assistance:icon_ banana:

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Glad your market is working

You need to ne more specific on what is not getting themed. Themes don't always theme everything.

Sent using the DF app, from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

Codiusprie

Reaction score
I am having an issue similar to this so I don't really want to start a new thread.

I used to have Rom Manager but deleted it a long time ago because I never used it. Well I want to check it out again so I went to re-download it. The Premium part downloaded fine but when I went to download the actual app it was already stuck at the starting download screen. I've tried clearing the cache and restarting the phone but I can't seem to get it. This is the only app that is sticking like this.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am having an issue similar to this so I don't really want to start a new thread.

I used to have Rom Manager but deleted it a long time ago because I never used it. Well I want to check it out again so I went to re-download it. The Premium part downloaded fine but when I went to download the actual app it was already stuck at the starting download screen. I've tried clearing the cache and restarting the phone but I can't seem to get it. This is the only app that is sticking like this.

Did you cancel the download and try again?

Did you clear the data in the market or just cache?

Codiusprie

Reaction score

Did you cancel the download and try again?

Did you clear the data in the market or just cache?

I am sorry, I did not give the whole story.

I cleared my phones Cache using Cachemate and also the Market App's cache. Also when I try to cancel the market force closes, that was probably the most important piece of info :/