1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Apps Missing From Market DLs After Root to UD

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by ps5281, May 2, 2010.

1. ps5281

ps5281 New Member

This was my first time rooting. I reverted back to stock 2.0.1 to root and install Ultimate Droid. Went off without a hitch, that is until I logged back into my google account and all the apps I had previously downloaded did not reinstall and do not show up in the downloads section of the marketplace. Everything else updated and synced like it should.

Having downloaded a ton of apps and not wanting to search for them all over again I reverted back to my restore point. All of the apps and other information on my phone restored like it should have no problem... but, I opened android market and the apps I had installed on my phone were not in the downloads section of the marketplace. When I search for an individual app that I have installed the market place says that it is installed, just not showing in my downloads menu....

I also tried using ASTRO to reinstall the apps on Ultimate Droid, they reinstall but again don't show up in the downloads section of the marketplace.

What did I do wrong?

Will this correct itself eventually and I'll get the updates or am I stuck reinstalling everything manually all over again?

Any Suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks for the help....
  2. gavron

gavron New Member

You're not indicating if your 'restore point' was nandroid. If you did a full nandroid backup, then your restore should have NOT ONLY restored your apps, but also their market status.

As for new ROMs. If you wipe /DATA and put a new ROM on, ***RESTORE THE APPS*** before logging into google!!!

But if you did otherwise, no worries, rewipe /DATA, redo the ROM flash, reboot, restore apps... THEN log into google :)

That should get you the market restoring your apps.

BTW the process DOES TAKE TIME so wait to see apps appearing... and requires good network connectivity (I recommend WiFi).

E
  3. ps5281

ps5281 New Member

Thanks for the advice, but here's a stupid question... without installing astro from the market how do i load the apps before logging into google?
Search tags for this page

lost google apps after rooting