Cant download or install any apps in the Market!

Droid101

Reaction score
When I go to install any app in the market paid or free I can choose install but when we go to choosing ok on the permissions nothing will happen it will remain on the page. When I go to the android market site it will download on the phone but become stuck on installing and wont ever install succesfully. When I go to try and delete the data for the market my phone wont let me it will stay on computing and nothing will happen.

I am on a OG Droid on stock 2.2.1 with android market version 2.2.11

Any help is appreciated!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try menu>applications>Manage Applications>all>market>clear cache/data, reboot, try again

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score
Try menu>applications>Manage Applications>all>market>clear cache/data, reboot, try again

I would do that but when I go to try it the phone will get stuck on computing for all of the sizes and when I select clear data it will just stay on that. I tried rebooting and that didn't fix it (as far as getting the data cleared).

*I think I should also mentioning that I just went through the SBF unroot method back to stock 2.01 and what I had noticed was everything before 2.2 the phone was working fine but once the auto update to 2.2 came up and I installed it I began experiencing these issues*

Thanks

Last edited:

wmoore

Reaction score
Market downloads unsuccessful

I have a Droid X using system 2.3.340 All maket downloads have been unsuccessful for a few days now. I have cleared the data and cache from the market application, turned the phone off and removed the battery. I left the battery out for 5 minutes and then reinstalled. Market downloads are still unsuccessful. any ideas?

Thanx,
Will

LT*

Reaction score

I would do that but when I go to try it the phone will get stuck on computing for all of the sizes and when I select clear data it will just stay on that. I tried rebooting and that didn't fix it (as far as getting the data cleared).

Try this. Connect your phone to your PC if you can. Look in your SD card for a folder called .android_secure. This is where all your apps are stored on the SD card. Check to see if you have duplicates of any apps. If so, delete the duplicates. They will be designated as -1 and -2. I deleted all the 2s when this happened to me and it fixed my issue.

OP
Droid101

Droid101

Reaction score

Try this. Connect your phone to your PC if you can. Look in your SD card for a folder called .android_secure. This is where all your apps are stored on the SD card. Check to see if you have duplicates of any apps. If so, delete the duplicates. They will be designated as -1 and -2. I deleted all the 2s when this happened to me and it fixed my issue.

I did this and found some duplicate apps I deleted those and my problems seem to be fixed!

Thank You for your help!!

wmoore

Reaction score
I tried this and I'm looking at my android secure file now...it's empty.? Any other ideas?

LT*

Reaction score
I tried this and I'm looking at my android secure file now...it's empty.? Any other ideas?
What are you looking at the folder with? PC is the only way to see them. Even in Root Explorer the files are hidden. I have an XP machine, I'm not sure if it's the same for Win 7 or Vista, or even a Mac.

I did this and found some duplicate apps I deleted those and my problems seem to be fixed!

Thank You for your help!!

Anytime

wmoore

Reaction score
I looked at the android secure folder on my pc via a usb cable hooked to my droid x. I have Vista on my pc

bjof45

Reaction score
I have this same problem on my Droid1 running Simply Stunning 4.96, I even tried the trick of going into .android_secure and deleted all the 2's and I still can't update or download any new apps..help?

Last edited:

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Another option

Another thing to try is to simply remove the SD card and reboot and try to download something.
I did everything from trying to clear cache, etc to doing a complete wipe and factory reset of my phone to installing all different versions of the market and still had the same problem. I figured that ruling out every other possibility, it meant the only other option was something on my SD card. So, I removed the card and tried downloading and IT WORKED! Put the card back in and it has worked fine ever since.

Now, my wife has been unable to download any Angry Birds updates or even get AB: Seasons, so doing this and getting it for her just 30 minutes ago - well, this is one of the best Valentine's Day gifts I could have given her. LOL :icon_ banana:

D

dankarlinski

The market has been funny the past few days. Waiting it out till its fixed might work since it might be a google issue

From my Liberated Droid 2 (Liberty v 1.5)

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Another thing to try is to simply remove the SD card and reboot and try to download something.......
So, I removed the card and tried downloading and IT WORKED! Put the card back in and it has worked fine ever since.

Not sure if my problem is due to a faulty SD card or not because at times, my D1 takes almost 3 minutes? or so to read and access my card when unplugging it from my laptop.