help with market problem

wolf102

Reaction score
hi in running ultimate droid number 8.when i go to install an app from the market it downloads it but sticks on the install and never fully installs the app.It also does this when i am doing updates.what do I need to do to fix this?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with UD's roms but check his site to see if there may be a market patch

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try going to settings/applications/manage applications/market/clear data & cache

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you make any recent changes/updates? How long have you been running V 8?

OP
W

wolf102

Reaction score
i have been running v 8 since it came out but i did switch to the latest buggless for a day and then came back to ultimate v 8 and thats when the problems started

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you wipe the data and cache when you returned to UD? Or do you make a backup of UD before you switched to BB? If so, restore it and see if that resolves the issue.

OP
W

wolf102

Reaction score
Did you wipe the data and cache when you returned to UD? Or do you make a backup of UD before you switched to BB? If so, restore it and see if that resolves the issue.

i tried that to with no luck

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably not what you want to hear but my only other thought is to try a different rom.

OP
W

wolf102

Reaction score
i just tried to connect my phone to the computer the phone and computer wouldnt pair up so i pulled the sd card and turned the phone back on.without the sd card it my phone is not having problem downloading updates from the market.now im really confused

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
So am I! I have no idea what would be on the SD card that would prevent the downloads from completing.

It would be interesting to see what would happen if you copied the entire SD card to your computer and reformatted the SD card.

I apologie and I do not mean to let you hang but I must sign of in about 5 minutes. Sorry!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can try formating your SD card and see if it makes a difference