Help returning my RAZR to Verizon...

Thefrisbee

Reaction score
So I've rooted my phone, back in the first day when there wasn't a way to do a back up? Anyhoo I don't have a back up. I've deleted some apps, just the normal verizon bloatware. Is there anyway I can get it
back to factory settings so that I can return this puppy? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No there is no FXZ or SBF file at this time.

If you can find the system apps you deleted and correct their permissions, you might be able to do it.

Right now though, there is no easy way back, if at all.

J

JriderG

I'm not pro or anything, but I would assume you could get the apps back from another razr user.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
T

Thefrisbee

Reaction score
^Thanks very much for the help! How do I go about getting the apps back in the phone though? Just hook it up through the usb, and find the file address that you pointed me to.. and drop them back in? Also what is 644 access?

cmorty72

Reaction score
^Thanks very much for the help! How do I go about getting the apps back in the phone though? Just hook it up through the usb, and find the file address that you pointed me to.. and drop them back in? Also what is 644 access?
Yep, that should do it.
What're you getting as a replacement for your Razr? GN?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Use USB to put the apk's on your SD card, then use something like Root Explorer to copy them from your SD card into /system/app. Once they're in that directory, long press each one and it should bring up the option to change permissions. Do that, and make it look like this:

X X O
X O O
X O O

X = check mark

Once that's done, reboot and you should be good to go.

If there are a lot, there is an adb command to change them all at once, but otherwise that's the easiest way.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
T

Thefrisbee

Reaction score
So, after adding the stock APKs back on to the RAZR and deleting Super user, and root explorer they shouldn't be able to know that I rooted it right?

OP
T

Thefrisbee

Reaction score
When I plug my phone in I dont see the option to get to System/apps.

and if I try to navigate to my sd card from root explorer it says the sd card is not mounted...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I plug my phone in I dont see the option to get to System/apps.

and if I try to navigate to my sd card from root explorer it says the sd card is not mounted...

You can put the apk's on your sd card using usb, but you can't see the /system partition via usb. So once they're on your sd card, forget usb, and change it back to "charge only" or whatever the usb mode is called - that'll remount the sd card (or just unplug the usb). Then you'll be able to get to your sd card in Root Explorer.

And yes, AFTER all that is done, you can uninstall any root apps (like Root Explorer and Superuser). That'll be as close to stock as you can get, in a simple fashion anyway.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
or you could run THIS once the apks are back in... just came out