(Android) DROID RAZR: "The software update failed. (6.16.211.en.US)" HELP PLEASE!

trickisdope

Reaction score
I rooted my droid razr a week ago with motofail and deleted bloatwares by using Titanium Backup without backing up those apps. Then I realized that now, I can't update the new software update (6.16.211.en.US) on my android. Please help me and give me the steps to fix this. Right now, I have the current 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US version on my Droid Razr.

OP
T

trickisdope

Reaction score
I rooted my droid razr a week ago with motofail and deleted bloatwares by using Titanium Backup without backing up those apps. Then I realized that now, I can't update the new software update (6.16.211.en.US) on my android. Please help me and give me the steps to fix this. Right now, I have the current 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US version on my Droid Razr.

GSdub510

Reaction score
You weren't supposed to delete the bloatware. The only way to update is to have the bloatware running. You're supposed to freeze bloatware then unfreeze it while updating.

OP
T

trickisdope

Reaction score
You are going to want to run this utility and choose option 1 to restore to stock .181.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/207732-droid-razr-utility-1-6-now-contains-6-12-181-fastboot-files.html

Also what GSdub510 said is correct, don't ever delete anything.

I'm not really used to these Android things. Can you tell me which download link it is on that site or do you mind giving me the steps since you're an amazing expert (-: I am really in need of fixing my phone... sigh...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I'm not really used to these Android things. Can you tell me which download link it is on that site or do you mind giving me the steps since you're an amazing expert (-: I am really in need of fixing my phone... sigh...

All three links are the same thing just hosted on different sites. After you download it you need to extract the entire zip file to the Root of your C: Drive. Install the Motorola Drivers included in the folder.

Put your phone into USB debugging mode and allow installation of applications for unknown sources, both of those are in your settings on your phone.

After that you plug your phone into your computer and put it on Charge Only mode load up the Utility press option 1 and follow the instructions.

It is going to tell you that you need to put your phone in AP Fastboot mode, to do this....

Power off your phone. Press and hold both the volume up and down and then press the power button. Once on the black screen with white text press the volume down to go to AP Fastboot and Volume up to select it.

That should get your started, let us know if you run into any other problems.

OP
T

trickisdope

Reaction score
All three links are the same thing just hosted on different sites. After you download it you need to extract the entire zip file to the Root of your C: Drive. Install the Motorola Drivers included in the folder.

Put your phone into USB debugging mode and allow installation of applications for unknown sources, both of those are in your settings on your phone.

After that you plug your phone into your computer and put it on Charge Only mode load up the Utility press option 1 and follow the instructions.

It is going to tell you that you need to put your phone in AP Fastboot mode, to do this....

Power off your phone. Press and hold both the volume up and down and then press the power button. Once on the black screen with white text press the volume down to go to AP Fastboot and Volume up to select it.

What is the Utility press option 1, sir?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You will run the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file that is in the extracted folder on your C Drive of the PC.

OP
T

trickisdope

Reaction score
I've gotten there while my Droid Razr is on AP Fastboot, then it said "The system cannot find the path specified." Please help! Also according to the AP Fastboot, "Device is LOCKED,S Status Code: 0"

OP
T

trickisdope

Reaction score

I clicked option 1, but it said "The system cannot find the path specified.

OP
T

trickisdope

Reaction score
You will run the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file that is in the extracted folder on your C Drive of the PC.

I clicked option 1, but it said "The system cannot find the path specified.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Means you didn't extract the files properly. Did you extract the entire zip file to the root of your C: drive?

Also that status of locked is normal on AP Fast boot mode.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

OP
T

trickisdope

Reaction score
Means you didn't extract the files properly. Did you extract the entire zip file to the root of your C: drive?

Yes, I extracted all the files and downloaded the motorola software! But still not working.

Btw, I have backed up all my apps on Titanium Back up.
I installed all the apk's ( Razr Bootstrap, Sript Manager, Safestrap, & Voodoo Rootkeeper) already.

OP
T

trickisdope

Reaction score

Also the instruction said "The Status Code on AP Fastboot has to be 1, but on my droid it says 0."