Help Please with update.zip

Nedaroth

Reaction score
OK rescue squad, im running UDv10 and blackdroid has a link at the bottom of his v10 rom page for extras. Well the one im trying to install is the UD theme and he notes that the extras are update.zip

Well i tryed to install it with no luck, can you help?

Droidfish

Reaction score
Not sure this is a rescue squad sitaution, lol, but did you rename to update.zip? I know a lot of clockwork users got used to not having to rename the update.zips to install them

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Not sure this is a rescue squad sitaution, lol, but did you rename to update.zip? I know a lot of clockwork users got used to not having to rename the update.zips to install them

yes sure did im just not sure im installing it right. I put the renamed file on the sd card , did not extract it, just renamed to update.zip and from recovery did install , allow, and it says no file found.
oh I use windows7 so just renamed update

Last edited:

Droidfish

Reaction score
Other than making sure its on the root of the sd card and checking the file name that's all I got, I would just redownload it and try again

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Other than making sure its on the root of the sd card and checking the file name that's all I got, I would just redownload it and try again

Thanks droid, it was update.zip.zip but it took clockwork to see it. One more question should i do factory reset wipe first?

Reaction score

Thanks droid, it was update.zip.zip but it took clockwork to see it. One more question should i do factory reset wipe first?
if your just installing extra apps then you dont need to do a factory reset, thats only good to do when changing roms or updating :)

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score

if your just installing extra apps then you dont need to do a factory reset, thats only good to do when changing roms or updating :)

Great thanks never

SDI

Reaction score
Can someone please explain why the phone hangs on the M logo when i try to install a live paper work using SPR recovery and renaming it to update.zip? I did it like this 100'2 of times when i had 9.8 installed? Now it just hangs at the M logo on reboot?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com

SDI

Reaction score
Can someone please explain why the phone hangs on the M logo when i try to install a live paper work using SPR recovery and renaming it to update.zip? I did it like this 100'2 of times when i had 9.8 installed? Now it just hangs at the M logo on reboot?

its because the way the update.zip is written i updated mine last night the work with UDv10

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/37052-custom-made-livewallpapers.html

Thank you very much!

SDI

Reaction score

its because the way the update.zip is written i updated mine last night the work with UDv10

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/37052-custom-made-livewallpapers.html

I assume that i still rename to update.zip in spr recovery?

SDI

Reaction score

I hate to be a pain but i am in the Marine Corps and there is a Marine Corps live wallpaper on the closed down BD site. Do you think you can fix that one so I can run it on my phone?