overclocking?

dustyewebb

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place to post this question. I have read plenty of post on here regarding overclocking in concert with ud roms. I am currently running udv10 without issue. I am overclocked at 1ghz lv. At this speed my phone works flawlessly. However if i try to push it beyond this point i get constant force closures and my phone often reboots on its own. Obviously i dont think i can install a faster kernel. Just curious as to why this happens or maybe im overlooking a setting? Or do i just have a lazy cpu? Thanks guys this is by and large the greatest droid community out there and im thankful to be a part of it!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
are you using a lv kernel. Try playing around with a medium or high voltage kernel.

OP
dustyewebb

dustyewebb

Reaction score
are you using a lv kernel. Try playing around with a medium or high voltage kernel.

i was originally using a mv kernel. again anything up to 1ghz works fine. when ud released v10 they only had a select few kernels said to encompass all the features of the new rom. these are all low voltage.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
All CPU chips are not created equally. Sounds like 1ghz is the max that yours can handle. Still, you're running at almost twice the speed that Motorola intended!

Until some of the other kernel devs (AdamZ and Chevy) can get their kernels to work with Cyanogen/Ultimate Droid, you may not be able to test out a high voltage kernel.
AdamZ
Chevy

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
your phone may need to have a medium voltage kernel. If UD uses chevy then u can install a medium voltage kernel manually.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All CPU chips are not created equally. Sounds like 1ghz is the max that yours can handle. Still, you're running at almost twice the speed that Motorola intended!

Good point. 1ghz is more then waht you need. I get around with 800 with no problem.

OP
dustyewebb

dustyewebb

Reaction score

Good point. 1ghz is more then waht you need. I get around with 800 with no problem.

Yeah very true. its very fast. you know us and our droids though. always tryin to push it. i figured i was at the max. just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing a setting or somethin. thanks for your prompt responses! as always a great help.:)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yeah very true. its very fast. you know us and our droids though. always tryin to push it. i figured i was at the max. just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing a setting or somethin. thanks for your prompt responses! as always a great help.:)

I hear ya man, pushing these phones to their limit is what I enjoy the most. I run at 1.25 ghz and honestly can't tell a difference versus running at 1ghz. Your benchmarks will look better, but there's no real world difference.