Overclock on different roms

Reaction score
Hey I had some questions regarding overclock. When I overclock at 1300 on gummyjar I get linpack score of around 18 and a quadrant score of around 1800 and when I overclock on squidly I get a linpack score of about 14.5 but a quadrant score of about 2200. Im just curious of the difference and why there is one. I also see stuff being said about using different kernals. I don't understand the whole difference between different kernals versus different roms. If someone could clarify these few points for me I think that would just about clear everything up about being rooted for me. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There are no kernels for the Droid 2 so you don't need to worry about that. Then as far as the quadrant scores go, squidly's Rom enables stagefright which has something to do with media although I'm not exactly sure what it does although I do know that it tends to throw out better quadrant scores. Many people will tell you though that quadrant scores aren't the best indicator of performance though

tappin and a talkin

OP
B
Reaction score
Cool thanks man. I will say squidlys rom does seem a bit smoother but im just so drawn to gummyjar which is awesome as well! Any idea on why the different linpack scores, I mean I could do a 14.5 nonrooted so it doesn't make sense to me that im doing the same overclocked.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cool thanks man. I will say squidlys rom does seem a bit smoother but im just so drawn to gummyjar which is awesome as well! Any idea on why the different linpack scores, I mean I could do a 14.5 nonrooted so it doesn't make sense to me that im doing the same overclocked.

That one I'm not sure about.

tappin and a talkin

Zetsumei

Reaction score
I agree that quadrant isn't really a good indicator on ROM performance as it is really heavily scored on the media decoding. When it comes down to it for quadrant stagefright > opecore, thats why you're going to get scores that are 2k + , where as with opencore you'll see scores under 2k generally. Squidly's ROM does give you the option to enable stagefright or opencore via gscripts.