1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Help! Nexus or Razr?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by edddy8, Dec 28, 2011.

1. edddy8

edddy8 New Member

I'm due for an upgrade now and I need to figure out which phone to get. I am currently using a Samsung Reality so both will be a pretty big step up.

A couple things to think about... I do drop my phone and I know that the Razr is made out of all this cool Gorilla glass and is all aluminum but will their life spans I also want a good camera/camcorder so which is better (also, do any of them feature a slow motion mode of any kind)?

Persuade me!
  2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

3. edddy8

edddy8 New Member

Mainly facebook twitter and stuff like that. I'm 18 so I probably won't use some of the features...
  4. edddy8

edddy8 New Member

and probably a lot of games. lol
  5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Android knows no age :D

You'd actually be using some of the main features of the phone regardless of which phone you get. Keep in mind the razr will get ICS eventually. If you're into rooting/ROMing then the Nexus may be more your type, but again it's up to you. Head to the store and try each of them out.
  6. edddy8

edddy8 New Member

I'm sorry, I probably sound dumb here... is rooting/ROMing like hacking?
  7. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Exactly like hacking. You're not dumb for not knowing by the way :)

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk
  8. edddy8

edddy8 New Member

So, being so new at this and all, I should probably not do anything? lol
  9. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

I knew nothing about any of this when I found this forum myself. This community is pretty much as good as it gets to learn and get help along the way! Personally (Even aside from being a themer), I couldn't have an unrooted phone now since I know what it allows you to do ;)

Sent from my Untouchable TB using Xparent Red Tapatalk
  10. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Do a bunch of reading and watching youtube vids until you feel like you are ready for anything. Then go get a Nexus ftw!
  11. googlelover

googlelover New Member

^^ It might just be me... But shouldn't he go find youtube videos etc. AFTER he gets a new phone, and not before? Haha be ready for anything? Its taken me nearly the life of my Droid to finally find the perfect Rom with the perfect settings. Then I got a kindle fire and I forgot I had a phone xD But anyways, I would wait until you make the decision on which phone to snatch up to learn about all this rooting stuff. The phone that sounds the best for you would be either the Razr or the Nexus IMO, but go to the store and check them out in person. Thats the only way you can really decide on what you want
  12. Maurice04

Maurice04 New Member

I just made the same choice. I was using an original Motorola Droid. Razr vs Nexus was a tough choice, but for me it came down to the Razr has an 8MP camera vs the 5MP of the Nexus. I mean really, what was Samsung thinking? If you are going to have a camera, have at least a good one. Both have excellent displays and I couldn't really see a difference in them. Both are fast processors and 4G. The Razr is thinner but a little wider, not an issue for me. Definitely go to your nearest store to get them in your hands, even if they aren't working models, to see how they fit in your hand. I have had people tell me the Razr feels strange in their hands, but I think it's just "different". I really don't think you could make a "bad" decision with either of them.
    Good luck.
  13. Al Neri

Al Neri New Member

I have played with both and I can't see how anybody wold choose the Razr over the Nexus. The Nexus is so smooth. My main thing againstthe Razr is the lack of removable battery, with 4G that is a deal breakier for me.