1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Droid Bionic or Razr

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Bfp, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Bfp

Bfp New Member

Im do for an update and at the present time i have a flip phone (samsung convoy)and now Verizon says i can update so i been looking at the razr (49.99) or the bionic which is free, which one of the 2 is the better of the two?..i dont text or anything else only use it as a phone but that may change as time goes on if i had a smartphone, oh yea that also means i have to get a data plan.:icon_eek:
  2. Bfp

Bfp New Member

233 views and no one wants to comment on which phone would be better...lol
  3. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

I don't know about the bionic, I hear people love it, I love my maxx. The maxx is the smoothest Android I've ever used ;). Of course g3 is up for preorder :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. Bfp

Bfp New Member

Its just the razr not the razr maxx
  5. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid Rescue Squad

I do not know much about the bionic except it is not as new as the Razr. The Razr and Razr Maxx are the exact same phone except for the battery. An excellent phone and my guess probably has better specs than the bionic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums
  6. brad92

brad92 New Member

I own a RAZR and my mom owns a Bionic. Development and the screen are better on the RAZR, not to mention looks. Other than that, I like the Bionic. One drawback on the RAZR screen is that it has splotches that are visible on black backlit screens when you're in the dark.

I can consistently get 14+ hours off my regular RAZR using smart actions, turning auto brightness off and using a profile to clock my processors down to 300mhz with the screen off. My mom has gotten 2 days by not doing anything and still using the phone. Hers is completely stock.

If it wasn't for the development and screen, I would like the Bionic. They are exactly the same spec wise other than the RAZR is clocked 200mhz higher (and the screen of course).

Pick what you want, you won't be disappointed
  7. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

You have 2 weeks to pick the other if you don't like what you got.

Personally, I'd go Razr. Outside of personal reasons the Razr is vzws baby right now. It will most likely get updates after ICS, and will get ICS before the Bionic will. Bionic, who knows what will happen after ICS.

The Bionic does have the option for an extended battery, which I believe is $20 right now. I would definitely get it if you pick Bionic.
  8. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

It's a coin toss, I'm sure you would be happy with either phone as both are great. Especially coming from a flip phone!
  9. mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa New Member

I would go with the Razr.
  10. Jmoore1701

Jmoore1701 New Member

I also vote for the Razr. My wife had one for a week, then traded it for an iPhone. She loved the Razr, but it was too big for her hands. Anyway, during that week, I used it a lot, and it was gorgeous. Fast, smooth operation; calls were clear; easy to use; great apps. Also it should be getting ICS soon.
  11. huskur

huskur New Member

I have the Razr Maxx and my wife has the Bionic. Both are great devices. The Bionic though has the better radio and picks up and keeps the 4G signal WAY better than the Razr. Not only my razr but her friends that have razr drop 4G in our area alot and her Bionic is STELLAR!! Extended battery on the Bionic will give you over a day of use and the regular battery a day or so.

If I was choosing between the Bionic and the Razr (OG), I would take the bionic in a heartbeat

Both are slated for ICS so OS is a mute point
  12. amsolo

amsolo New Member

I am with Husker on this one.
    First off the Bionic is free $ now.
    Both have same screen size.
    Bionic fits pocket better.
  13. brad92

brad92 New Member

What I'm not getting is all the hate for the regular RAZR I've seen on forums. Wow, the Maxx has a 3300 mAh... it doesn't make it a way better phone. Especially when I can unplug my regular RAZR at 8 am, and use it til 11 pm with 20% remaining consistently. Y'all don't have a superior phone (only thing is battery life).
  14. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

Both great devices, but I would assume most peoples normal razrs don't make it through a whole day w/o multiple charges :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  15. Bfp

Bfp New Member

Thanks for all the replies

The bionic is getting hard to get as of late, everytime i go on verizon's web site they are out of the Bionic for online ordering.

The battery in the Razr is not removable i take it...where as the bionic is removable is right...so what happens if the battery in the Razr fails..how do you replace it? I have had battery failure before in a phone thats why im asking this.
  16. bobbyp

bobbyp New Member

The battery is not removable in the Razr so you are a little stuck. I have a Bionic and my son has the Razr. I like having the own extended battery much more than the slick style of the Razr. My son who is 19 is the exact opposite. You can have smart actions on both phones to get the most out of your battery but with the Bionic you can have a back up and the Razr you need to plug it in and let it charge. If the battery completely fails.......warranty replacement or pay some shop to do it when your out of warranty. To be honest you really can't go wrong with either.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  17. milski65

milski65 Member

I took advantage of the free Bionic, keeping unlimited and have been using it for 10 days. Coming from a Droid X. I have no complaints about this phone. Using stock battery, managing apps, using airplane mode while in my office and I'm at 70 percent end of day. Development is horrible compared to X, but if that's not a concern then you're good. Great radio. Removable battery. And again, it's free. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
  18. Bfp

Bfp New Member

Thanks everyone for the replies.

Been several days now and still no Bionic available from verizon online store so i may wind up with a Razr,and they dont even offer an unlimited data plan no more, maybe if i trade in my convoy and my mifi2200 i can afford the maxx...lol
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  19. quadtronix

quadtronix New Member

Sorry to hear you are having trouble finding the Bionic. That's the one I would recommend. The Razr has a faster SOC I think (1.2GHz vs. 1.0GHz) but the Bionic has the option of swapping batteries. Plus I use an extended battery and get like 2-3 days at least on a charge. I tweaked things a little to get better battery life... dim screen, turned off navigator, turned off wifi when not using it... but anyway, with extended battery i'm guessing the Bionic lasts a lot longer then the regular Razr. Good luck with whatever you choose... :)
  20. milski65

milski65 Member

I've seen a couple of people post that they got the Bionic by going to a Verizon Corporate store. Don't know if you have any around you, but it may not hurt to check. I only got mine by calling CS. Online said they were out 10 days ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Search tags for this page
bionic vs razr

droid bionic vs razr

droid razr or bionic
verizon droid razr vs bionic