Droid Bionic or Razr

Bfp

Reaction score
Im do for an update and at the present time i have a flip phone (samsung convoy)and now Verizon says i can update so i been looking at the razr (49.99) or the bionic which is free, which one of the 2 is the better of the two?..i dont text or anything else only use it as a phone but that may change as time goes on if i had a smartphone, oh yea that also means i have to get a data plan.:icon_eek:

OP
Bfp

Bfp

Reaction score
233 views and no one wants to comment on which phone would be better...lol

Caesars

Reaction score
I don't know about the bionic, I hear people love it, I love my maxx. The maxx is the smoothest Android I've ever used ;). Of course g3 is up for preorder :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bfp

Bfp

Reaction score
Its just the razr not the razr maxx

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I do not know much about the bionic except it is not as new as the Razr. The Razr and Razr Maxx are the exact same phone except for the battery. An excellent phone and my guess probably has better specs than the bionic.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I own a RAZR and my mom owns a Bionic. Development and the screen are better on the RAZR, not to mention looks. Other than that, I like the Bionic. One drawback on the RAZR screen is that it has splotches that are visible on black backlit screens when you're in the dark.

I can consistently get 14+ hours off my regular RAZR using smart actions, turning auto brightness off and using a profile to clock my processors down to 300mhz with the screen off. My mom has gotten 2 days by not doing anything and still using the phone. Hers is completely stock.

If it wasn't for the development and screen, I would like the Bionic. They are exactly the same spec wise other than the RAZR is clocked 200mhz higher (and the screen of course).

Pick what you want, you won't be disappointed

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You have 2 weeks to pick the other if you don't like what you got.

Personally, I'd go Razr. Outside of personal reasons the Razr is vzws baby right now. It will most likely get updates after ICS, and will get ICS before the Bionic will. Bionic, who knows what will happen after ICS.

The Bionic does have the option for an extended battery, which I believe is $20 right now. I would definitely get it if you pick Bionic.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
It's a coin toss, I'm sure you would be happy with either phone as both are great. Especially coming from a flip phone!

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I also vote for the Razr. My wife had one for a week, then traded it for an iPhone. She loved the Razr, but it was too big for her hands. Anyway, during that week, I used it a lot, and it was gorgeous. Fast, smooth operation; calls were clear; easy to use; great apps. Also it should be getting ICS soon.

huskur

Reaction score
I have the Razr Maxx and my wife has the Bionic. Both are great devices. The Bionic though has the better radio and picks up and keeps the 4G signal WAY better than the Razr. Not only my razr but her friends that have razr drop 4G in our area alot and her Bionic is STELLAR!! Extended battery on the Bionic will give you over a day of use and the regular battery a day or so.

If I was choosing between the Bionic and the Razr (OG), I would take the bionic in a heartbeat

Both are slated for ICS so OS is a mute point

amsolo

Reaction score
I am with Husker on this one.
First off the Bionic is free $ now.
Both have same screen size.
Bionic fits pocket better.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
What I'm not getting is all the hate for the regular RAZR I've seen on forums. Wow, the Maxx has a 3300 mAh... it doesn't make it a way better phone. Especially when I can unplug my regular RAZR at 8 am, and use it til 11 pm with 20% remaining consistently. Y'all don't have a superior phone (only thing is battery life).

Caesars

Reaction score
Both great devices, but I would assume most peoples normal razrs don't make it through a whole day w/o multiple charges :-(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
Bfp

Bfp

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies

The bionic is getting hard to get as of late, everytime i go on verizon's web site they are out of the Bionic for online ordering.

The battery in the Razr is not removable i take it...where as the bionic is removable is right...so what happens if the battery in the Razr fails..how do you replace it? I have had battery failure before in a phone thats why im asking this.